Funny story....

Options
The last few days I've been struggling with motivation. The question, "Why am I doing this?" is running over and over in my mind. I'm looking for NSVs and as vain as this might sound...I hate to even say it.... but I like to know if I'm being "checked out." It could be motivational, to see that "extra" glance of appreciation for my hard work. However, I don't know what to think of what actually happened to me in the grocery store. There i am with my cart FULL of kids ( no kidding I have 6) and I'm being followed up and down the aisles by a man... here's the kicker... he's 83 if a day, and as scary as a geriatric pervert could possibly be. It's not hard to out run him because he's using the cart for support, but when I'm not paying attention he makes a clever strategic move and comes face to face with me in the middle of the cold cereal aisle. For creepiest moment since I was stalked in high school was when he popped these big red droopy eyes out at me and growled, "Hello, gorgeous." I just lamely stuttered something like ,"Oh thanks...." and got the heck out of there.
So now I'm left with the same question, "WHY am I doing this?"

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    LOL, that is so funny! Creepy geriatric men . . .I used to work with them all the time when I did med-surg nursing in the army hospitals. Well, now you have your answer about whether or not you are being checked out. I sometimes don't wear my wedding rings to the gym, if I am planning on doing heavy lifting that day.. I sometimes worry that someone will think that I am not married, but I figure I kill any desire they may have to get to know me when they see me pick up my four kids from child care!