It's a good day!!!! *BIG SMILE*

Options
For those that have followed the story of my friend Shellie, who went in about a month ago to have her baby and got the embolism in her heart and almost died. (wasn't expected to live through the night). Well, God definitely works in mysterious ways! Shellie has fought back! These are updates from her brother and father on the facebook page. They were left a couple of days ago.

From her brother ROB:
She is still in ICU, but not for long. The doctor that is overall in charge of her care said she would be surprised if Shellie was in the ICU when she got back from a weeks vacation. There is a good possibility that she won't be in the hospital period. She is doing great and I can't wait to post those blackmail pictures.

And from her father Gino:
She is unbelievable in the progress she has made in the past 72 hours. She is now eating table food,has started physical therapy ("WALKED ON A WALKER SEVERAL TIMES). Her progression is about thirty days ahead of a typical patient having equivalent medical problems.... Most important she has not lost her sense of humor.

And this was left late last night from her father:
Shellie,has been moved out of ICU and is stable."" She has been moved to the sixth floor of the hospital.Obviously,having a pedicure and her nails manicured is the key to advancing her health!

(Her doc brought in someone to give her a mani/pedi yesterday!!!)

Anyway, with all the crap going on in the world today and the economy the way it is and how depressed everyone is..........I thought this might be a bit of good news to possibly bring a smile to your face. It is TRULY a miracle!

:happy: :happy: :happy:
-Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    For those that have followed the story of my friend Shellie, who went in about a month ago to have her baby and got the embolism in her heart and almost died. (wasn't expected to live through the night). Well, God definitely works in mysterious ways! Shellie has fought back! These are updates from her brother and father on the facebook page. They were left a couple of days ago.

From her brother ROB:
    She is still in ICU, but not for long. The doctor that is overall in charge of her care said she would be surprised if Shellie was in the ICU when she got back from a weeks vacation. There is a good possibility that she won't be in the hospital period. She is doing great and I can't wait to post those blackmail pictures.

And from her father Gino:
    She is unbelievable in the progress she has made in the past 72 hours. She is now eating table food,has started physical therapy ("WALKED ON A WALKER SEVERAL TIMES). Her progression is about thirty days ahead of a typical patient having equivalent medical problems.... Most important she has not lost her sense of humor.

And this was left late last night from her father:
    Shellie,has been moved out of ICU and is stable."" She has been moved to the sixth floor of the hospital.Obviously,having a pedicure and her nails manicured is the key to advancing her health!

(Her doc brought in someone to give her a mani/pedi yesterday!!!)

Anyway, with all the crap going on in the world today and the economy the way it is and how depressed everyone is..........I thought this might be a bit of good news to possibly bring a smile to your face. It is TRULY a miracle!

:happy: :happy: :happy:
    -Tami
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Tami-- thanks for letting us know this, and for the reminder of God's presence and provisions. I'm a Christian and we're struggling SO much financially these days, with not a whole lot of hope of things getting better-- we lost one house already, and are technically renting this one from my mother-in-law who "bought" it for us, yet we pay the mortgage. I'm on the deed in case she dies, so the house won't get tied up with her estate. We were able to pay the mortgage this month, but no bills have gotten paid. We're in danger of water, electricity-- heck, everything being shut off.

Anyway-- my point is, I grow so weary and struggle so much with my faith through this. I KNOW that God is here and cares and will meet our needs for I believe in scripture. But, I get so tired of it all and begin to feel so sorry for myself and fear that God has forgotten us-- blah, blah, blah.

This lovely reminder of A) those less fortunate than me ( I haven't been on my deathbed for a month-- ) and B) of His presence, provisions and mercy is much needed.

Thanks--
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Tam, that is awesome!
    Send my well wishes. She's been on my mind!
    :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    thanks for the update. she is on my prayer list.

it is so awesome to hear she is recovering so well.

thank god:flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    That's good to hear:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    Wow Tam you must have been reading my mind. Ive been on a few times this week looking for an update. Today i came home from church and here it was. I am so glad Shellie is doing so much better. She is very blessed to have so many people who love and care about her. She is equally as blessed to have a friend like you. Thanks so much for the update.
    Jenny
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the good thoughts, wishes and prayers!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am glad to hear the great news. When hearing this it makes my problems not seem like problems. Thanks for sharing.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    That's FANTASTIC news, Tam. I'm so glad she is getting better.:flowerforyou:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Pretty incredible...I too was thinking of Shellie and Marley this morning...wondering if I could find an old post and the site her family set up...no need to now, thank you. It would be awesome if you would keep your 'family' here at MFP updated when you get some pictures ( that I KNOW are gonna happen) of her with her babe....home and happy!!!!

Thanks again for the update, made my day!:flowerforyou:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    YEA! :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness T!

Great to hear that she is doing better:flowerforyou: