Been working out for over 7 weeks and I barely see progress

Options
2»

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I thought eating the exercise calories will only make it harder to lose weight

NOT eating your exercise calories will make it harder to lose weight. In the beginning, your body will lose because of the higher deficit. However, in a short time, your body will start working AGAINST you and you will plateau. Trust me, I did this .... I was plateaued for over 6 months. I started eating back my exercise calories, and started losing again shortly thereafter. You need to eat more. 1200 is the absolute MINIMUM when it comes to healthy eating. 1200 NET that is.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    The rice. My trainer advised me to target 25% carbs, 30%fats, and 45% protein. Eggs, peanut butter, soybeans are some of the things that are high in protein besides meat and fish, although with the amount of exercise you do you can have a larger portion of the meat and fish to bump up the protein grams. Whole grain brown rice is fine once in a while, but not every night.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I thought eating the exercise calories will only make it harder to lose weight

You need a minimum of 1200 net everyday (around there in general terms)

If MFP has you at 1200 that is your base setting with weight loss figured in.

If you workout 500 calories and don't eat any back: 1200 - 500 leaves your body with only 700 calories to work with for the day.

If you are at 1200 calories and you burn 500 then you must eat 500 to get back to the 1200 calories net per day.

Consistently eating under 1200 net per day has a negative affect over the long haul and may be one reason why you are not seeing a consistent weight loss over time.

♥♥♥
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    1200 maybe enough. I lost all of my weight with eating 1200 to 1260 not eating my cals back. It depends on the person and the body type. You need to make sure that you are measuring everything exact and not doing to much nibbling bc that adds up. I do cardio with weights I usually do weights and then 30 secs of something and weights.. I mix it. You can try that. Just sit down and review what you are eating. After a year of doing 1200 I did bump my calories up to 1400 or 1500.. I still some days eat 1200-1300... You have to find out what works for you. What works for one may not work for the other.
  • susyseq
    susyseq Posts: 94
    Options
    1200 maybe enough. I lost all of my weight with eating 1200 to 1260 not eating my cals back. It depends on the person and the body type. You need to make sure that you are measuring everything exact and not doing to much nibbling bc that adds up. I do cardio with weights I usually do weights and then 30 secs of something and weights.. I mix it. You can try that. Just sit down and review what you are eating. After a year of doing 1200 I did bump my calories up to 1400 or 1500.. I still some days eat 1200-1300... You have to find out what works for you. What works for one may not work for the other.

True thank you
  • jdavis193
    Options

True thank you

Your Welcome if you have any questions or need ideas for food. Let me know. I am always here to help.. I have almost cut out a lot of processed foods now. I still eat them here and there. But let me know.
  • susyseq
    Options
    Thanks, we usually go for lean meats, fish etc, sometimes I may cook those tuna helper cause it's late and that's the only option we have but only like once a week and not every week. Didn't think it was that bad considering all the calories earned after working out
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I'll also add it depends on how close you are to a healthy weight. If you set MFP so your goal is to lose over a 1 pound a week, that might be too much to lose a week, if your BMI is already close to healthy.

I had to drop my goal to .5 lbs a week loss, to start seeing results. It works out to the same issue...you may not be getting enough calories.
  • susyseq
    Options
    According to my BMI I only need to lose 3lbs to be at a healthy weight. That's crazy 3lbs will not make me happy
  • jdavis193
    Options
    According to my BMI I only need to lose 3lbs to be at a healthy weight. That's crazy 3lbs will not make me happy

Hang in there. After having my baby I weight 130 I am 5'2 and I was dropping 1-2 lbs a week and my prepregnancy weight was 127.. I was still losing a 1lb a week until I reach 112. I am trying to tone now.