Vacation - How to stay focused

Options
Hey!
I am leaving Saturday to go to Aruba for 10 days. I have been doing well with eating right and excercising and having some self control. How do I continue while I am on vacation? I packed my gym clothes with good intentions. I want to be able to enjoy my vacation, without undoing all I have accomplished so far.
Thank you in advance for any helpful tips!

Replies

• sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Take it one choice at a time and be reasonable with yourself. If you have gotten a workout in, then allow for one treat. But try not to go over board on the treats every day! Enjoy yourself!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I plan to just maintain....enjoy myself....and not worry about whether I have lost a pound. Im going to eat healthy....get exercise....by doing the fun things I want to do....but, just try to maintain for the week. Good luck! I know that doesnt help...but, if Im vacationing...Im not going to worry about losing a pound or two. : ) Enjoy your trip!!!! You will be fine!!!!
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump. I will be on vacation for 2 weeks and am interested to see what people have to say.
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just got back from vacation and I had 4 early AM workouts. I also had a healthy breakfast and lunch each day and splurged on dinner--including ice cream 4 times. Enjoy!!!!

BTW-- I stayed in a condo with a fully-equipped kitchen so I bought oatmeal, fruit, salad, etc and this also saved lots of money on my food budget.
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Vacation means more time to work out, right? Pick a time of the day and schedule a workout.
    Also, you can plan on walking to places.
  • cpauscher
    cpauscher Posts: 41
    Options
    Wow!! Aruba sounds like so much fun. I applaud your dedication to maintaing the program that you have been working on. I find that when I'm on vacation I tend to stay pretty active sightseeing, ect. If your hotel has a gym, use it. Also just try to find places that offer more natural and fresh foods. Just enjoy your vacaiton, but be sensible. Try new foods and activities. Have FUN!!!!!
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    your on vacation - dont have to plan on working out, but get out there and walk the beach, take tours through the town, go scuba diving, horseback riding, etc. do outdoor activities that count as exercise!

and if you are staying in a hotel with a fridge / microwave, pack your suitcase with food like oats, jerky, rice cakes, almonds, anything that does not have to be refridgerated. once you get there try to find a local grocer or farmers market and stock up on veggies/fruits, yogurt, hummus, etc.

if you do end up having to eat out, try the local foods, stay away from fried/heavily sauced foods, but i would let myself indulge a little bit!
  • Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just spent a week on vacay and was SURE I would come back with a few lbs on. I didn't! I went in with the attitude that I was going to stay active as possible and allow myself treats, but not to spend all day, every day eating like I would normally do. Cut yourself slack and have what you'd like when it's most enjoyable to you, just try to stay away from the mindless munching.
  • FreakingPumped012910
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all of your tips. I worked out and enjoyed my vacation - coming home with only 3 extra pounds. I am confident that it will come off quickly now that I am back to my normal routine.
    Thanks again!