Falling backwards ...

Options
Have you fallen backwards?

I feel like I have for the last two weeks and it scares me. Granted with being sick and then having a bad tumble I have not exactly been in the best of condition to exercise. I know I am my own worst enemy, and I fight that battle each day.
I find when I am falling backwards my sight becomes distorted. As I look at something I want I can usually make up my mind that it will be mine and start working on it. When my sight gets distorted that item becomes too far out of reach, and it seems unobtainable. When looking at the scale with perfect vision I can see that my work is paying off when I maintain, and when the scale doesn't agree with me then I need to grab a tape measure to show loss is not all in the scale. With distorted vision it makes me feel like a failure, and creates this total depression that rages inside me.

Today I am working on this. I do not expect a cure. I do not expect a miracle. I do expect a change for the better. I do expect a step in the right direction.

What are your little perks that help you keep from falling backwards? What picks you up once you have fallen? Where do you draw that positive energy from when it seems to have all been drained? Where do you find light when all you see is darkness?

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know, I have never really seen myself in my mind's eye as an obese person. I draw upon that mental image to keep me motivated because I know that is what I really look like when I take care of myself and my body.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Yeah that is where I need to go when this happens. *nods*
  • yummywater
    yummywater Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm horrible when it comes to working out, but I just force myself to. It's almost like I don't have another option. The hardest part is to get started, though.