connection between carbs and pain???????

JoRebecca
JoRebecca Posts: 10 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
Okay, so I'm wondering if there is a true connection between carb overload and joint/muscle pain, and inflammation. I've done a little reading and researching online, and have found some info that supports that, but would like to know if anyone else has had any luck in discovering if there is any truth to this? I've been experiencing pain in my ankles/feet and hips and have really tried to nab the source because I'm a firm believer in nutritional healing. I'm thinking I need to restrict my carbs to see if that gives me any relief. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    BUMP. I would be interested to know as well (same issues).
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    bump
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Well there are definitely foods that have high inflammatory effects on the body, and people can have different levels of reaction to that inflammatory effect. But it is part of the reason that people have found great relief in moving toward paleo-style diets (or low glycemic, or gluten free--depending on their needs). But on a simple level, are you sure it's not gout? The pain in ankles especially sounds a lot like it.
  • JoRebecca
    JoRebecca Posts: 10 Member
    Yolanda, I've wondered about Gluten. I know I cannot handle carbs very well, and notice a complete change in how I feel when I cut way back. But, rice is one of those carbs that really affects me and there's no gluten in that. So, i think my body just does much better when I get more protein and less carbs. I looked up gout online, but I don't think that's what's going on. I think I'm going to try eating a higher protein diet over the next few weeks to see if things get better.

Thanks, and if anyone else has any other input, I'd appreciate it! ;)
This discussion has been closed.