Movie madness.

Options
On a regular day I do great on my eating, but I have not mastered the movie night.
I go to the movies about every other week (free preview passes) and once I step into that theater I cannot resist the popcorn.
I am a big movie buff and I sometimes do reviews, so avoiding the movies isn't something I want to do.
Yes, I know that 1 bag of movie popcorn has about one entire day's worth of calories in it. ugh.
It doesnt' matter if I have just eaten a big mean...once the smell of that popcorn hits my nostrils I just have to have some.
It is like crack.

I've thought about trying to smuggle in some microwave popcorn, but I can't always do that.

Anyone have a better solution or have the same issue?

Oh, and did I mention that the Twizzlers call me by my first name as well? I'm doomed. lol

Replies

• bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I had that problem! I've resisted my big bag of sweets and swapped for a tub of grapes :smile:
  • poutypixie
    Options
    At least the twizzlers are a better option than the popcorn. They are what I always go for to help me avoid the cookie dough bites.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Download and watch the movies from home? lol IDK
    I am not tempted by the popcorn, but candy holds a very special place in my heart. lol
    I don't really know what else to suggest. Wear nose plugs? Eat something extremely filling beforehand?
  • 1440Fierce
    1440Fierce Posts: 28
    Options
    Bring your own snacks! It's not totally unheard of to show up at the theatre with a foiled rotisserie chicken! (kidding :laugh: ). maybe ask for plain popcorn and bring your own spices? :happy: I carry cayenne in my purse. I'm kind of known for now, lol, but it helps with cravings.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I love going to the movies, too. My theater does not have healthy snack options (unless you cound $4 bottles of water!) I have fallen prey to their yummy popcorn sooooo many times, the raisinettes, twizzlers and junior mints also call me. I just had to stop doing that because I love seeing movies so much, I decided to give up their calorie laden concessions. I have a big purse and will pop my own popcorn and put it in a ziploc bag and bring it in. I like to mix it with some chocolate cheerios and maybe some nuts (a Hungry Girl tip). I will also bring in a Fiber One bar from time to time. I love the popcorn/chocolate combo! Every once in a while I will buy a diet soda there, but I usually bring in a bottle of my own water. :smile: