Alli

Options
Has anyone on here taken Alli? Any thoughts on it?

Replies

• SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm on xenical which is the stronger version. Not seen much change tho I defo notice when too much fat is consumed due to my toilet activity.
  • pricetm83
    pricetm83 Posts: 49
    Options
    Eek really? Hmmm.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm on xenical which is the stronger version. Not seen much change tho I defo notice when too much fat is consumed due to my toilet activity.
    Yeah I've heard bad things about Alli in that respect, but I guess it does just depend on seriously controlling your intake, as you must have to.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    That stuff scares me. I have never bought it but I am reminded of the warnings when those WOW chips came out. Not fun, basically makes the fat run through you. I guess that's how it works, you have to control what you eat otherwise you will spend your time in the bathroom.
  • pricetm83
    Options
    See the WOW chips never did anything to me. Weird right?
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    If you take Alli... NEVER trust a fart... jus sayin'
    :laugh:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way, if you are terrified of what will happen when you consume fattening foods while on alli, so you eat better, why not do the same thing (eat better) and not waste the money on the alli?
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Tried Alli when it first came out. I did lose some weight, but not too much. You can have some nasty side effects if you take in too much fat (orange, greasy stuff coming out of your......) I have gotten better results with calorie counting, lots of water and 40-60 minutes of exercise a day.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I totally agree. That is way i only did for like 2 weeks.
  • ttrotter1960
    Options
    You DO NOT want to use this stuff!!!!! Please believe me that it isn't worth it.

It causes all kinds of VERY emabarrassing and uncomfortable bowel issues like painful gas, oilly loose stools, and . . . . accidents (if you know what I mean). You'll loose weight but it is not worth it and the weight is not a permanent weight loss. It come s back after you stop taking it (and you will I promise) because you have done nothing to alter your underlying eating habits.

Diet and exercise is always the best idea!!
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Really. If you consume too much fat it comes out the other end like lightening and if your not careful when you pass wind it can result in an oily leakage. Basically it makes you monitor what you put in your mouth more.
  • pricetm83
    Options
    I actually am eating much better, I was just curious.
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

LOL!!!!
  • pricetm83
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all of the information. Since I value my reputation for never having pooped on myself at work, Alli will be a no go :)
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    There are no shortcuts. Just change your diet and exercise.

- Eat a moderate calorie deficit.
    - Eat whole foods most of the time
    - Exercise (cardio and strength train) 3-4 times per week.

This will work for everyone with no negative side effects.
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had custom leather interior put in my car with a suade stripe down the center. A week after getting it home , my husband who was taking alli at the time farted while driving. Unless you want to be scrubbing orange oil stains out of clothes and and seats, I ssuggest you wear panty liners.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options

LMAO So very true! :laugh:
  • pricetm83
    Options
    There are no shortcuts. Just change your diet and exercise.

- Eat a moderate calorie deficit.
    - Eat whole foods most of the time
    - Exercise (cardio and strength train) 3-4 times per week.

This will work for everyone with no negative side effects.

I am not interested in shortcuts. I understand there are no shortcuts. I was just very curious about this stuff.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I tried it a long time ago... years ago. I don't think I lost any weight, but I ate more during that time too. I took it when I went on a cruise and I didn't have control over how the food was prepared. Wow, I wasn't prepared for what happened next.

Let me just say, if you really want to try it, please consider wearing a panty liner placed on your backside. That way, you won't stain your underwear, or pants/shorts with bright orange oil. I'm not trying to be gross, but just honest. Also, you will want to invest in a good toilet bowl cleaner (and have it within reach) since the orange oil adheres to the bowl.

I'm so sorry to share that nasty info. Just be prepared.
  • pricetm83
    Options
    Wow this stuff sounds SO nasty.