I'm here...

Options
I had a terribly bad weekend...In every area-Eating (everything), exercising (none), attitude (self-pitying)-All I've done the past 2 days is mope around and make everyone else around me miserable too. I think I'm becoming a little to obsessive about losing weight. And I didn't think it was even possible for me to be more obsessed than I already was.

I just feel down, and blah, and like I don't even know myself anymore...And I know that not liking my body has a lot to do with how I'm feeling, but there's more to it too.

Sorry for being such a downer-See why everyone around me has been miserable lately?!?

Just letting y'all know I'm here...Not going anywhere...Still trying to stick to the plan.

Hope everyone had, and continues to have, a great weekend!

Replies

• NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I had a terribly bad weekend...In every area-Eating (everything), exercising (none), attitude (self-pitying)-All I've done the past 2 days is mope around and make everyone else around me miserable too. I think I'm becoming a little to obsessive about losing weight. And I didn't think it was even possible for me to be more obsessed than I already was.

I just feel down, and blah, and like I don't even know myself anymore...And I know that not liking my body has a lot to do with how I'm feeling, but there's more to it too.

Sorry for being such a downer-See why everyone around me has been miserable lately?!?

Just letting y'all know I'm here...Not going anywhere...Still trying to stick to the plan.

Hope everyone had, and continues to have, a great weekend!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hang in there...we all have those days even if we don't want to admit it. You'll get there, it's probably because you're so close to your goal weight that it's getting harder to lose. Can't talk from experience there:frown: but I know it's going to happen to me too.:flowerforyou:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I totally get that way EVERY time i get on the scale and it has not moved....or has gone up, then i do the same thing!!!! So....... I threw the scale in my garage and refuse to get on it! I decieded i am not going to let something like that get me down....especially if i am eating right and exercising....then see the number on the scale not move so i eat like crazy and be in a bad mood.....so not worth it!!!! Just think tomorrow is a new week, set goals for the week, and complete them, you will start feeling better:flowerforyou: We all have bad days, we just have to move foreward!!
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    Aww don't worry everyone has days like that. Mine happen when I see a picture of myself at an event where I THOUGHT I looked good and then I see every horrible part of it. Not to add to your bummer out mood but I know how you feel.

The best advice I have is to try and talk it out with a close friend, significant other or if all else fails just say it out loud. Everyone has days (sometimes a lot in a row) where they just feel disgusting and depressed. It will pass, and try and stay dedicated because you will feel stronger for it.

Just remember everyone feels like this and it is a feeling NOT A FACT! :happy:
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    It happens to all of us. The best thing you can do is stick to your food plan, only weigh yourself in the morning before eating and after going to the bathroom, and only once a week. The other best thing to do is to stay here on the message boards at MFP, and keep posting about how you are:

flowerforyou:
    greenbaum9
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I'm glad youre still here. This happens to us all, just try to stick to the plan. Remember eating healthy and exercising is good for you, not just for weight loss. We all will fall off the wagon at least once, we are human after all, the important thing is to get back on and keep trying. You can do this!