Sick!

Options
I got this really lovely cold at the end of last week and went into hibernation this past weekend. I literally could not get off the couch on friday. I finally got out today and I am feeling much better.

But... I am so annoyed that I had to miss a weekend of potential gym days! I just started get back on track with the gym last week and have seen some good results this week. Needless to say, cooking healthy has gone out the window and I was responsible for polishing off a bag of salt and vinegar chips (about the only thing I could actually taste!) yesterday.

How do you all deal with being sick? I feel like I fell "off the wagon" but I am kind of giving myself a free pass on it. Not sure if I should have, but the damage is done. I plan to get back to the gym on Tuesday if the cough is gone.

It was so frustrating! Any good strategies?

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I got this really lovely cold at the end of last week and went into hibernation this past weekend. I literally could not get off the couch on friday. I finally got out today and I am feeling much better.

But... I am so annoyed that I had to miss a weekend of potential gym days! I just started get back on track with the gym last week and have seen some good results this week. Needless to say, cooking healthy has gone out the window and I was responsible for polishing off a bag of salt and vinegar chips (about the only thing I could actually taste!) yesterday.

How do you all deal with being sick? I feel like I fell "off the wagon" but I am kind of giving myself a free pass on it. Not sure if I should have, but the damage is done. I plan to get back to the gym on Tuesday if the cough is gone.

It was so frustrating! Any good strategies?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    get back on track as soon as possible, that's all. We'll have good days and bad days.

5yjbztv.gif

I had to post that, 'cause I just learned how. :bigsmile:
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    You were sick. You couldn't help it. The bet way to reassure yourself that you didn't "fall off the wagon" is once you feel better to just keep eating healthy.

Whenever I get hurt or sick and can't exercise or eat well or even have to go to a special event where I have to eat food I normally wouldn't I just remember this is what life is like and I know now that one night out to dinner or a few days away from the gym won't kill me, I won't gain eveythign back right away and as long as I get back on track tomorrow I can rest easy.

So feel better, and don't worry about it. The fact you were concerned about missed gym days is a clear indication that you didn't fall off the wagon.

:laugh: :happy:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    The fact you were concerned about missed gym days is a clear indication that you didn't fall off the wagon.

That is a very good point! I didn't think of it that way.

Just wish I had a few more weeks of going to the gym under my belt before I got sick. Trying to make changes isn't easy when life interferes! :laugh: