Need Some Motivation Today

Options
I've been on program and doing well since Feb. Today, all I can think about is eating and I want to eat everything! I know I'm having some kind of emotinal reaction, had words with my hubby this morning before work. Yesterday, he said something about my appearance that hurt my feelings.

I realize I am wanting to comfort myself with food and that won't change anything...will make me feel worse...blah, blah, blah...still I can't stop thinking I should just go out at lunch and stuff myself silly!

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You have been doing it since Feb? Take a day off. go get stuffed.
    See you tomorrow and we all expect you to be back on track.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    We all have days like that! It helps me if I let myself indulge in something little that won't throw me completely off track! A favorite candy bar or ice cream and work out extra if I can... or if not make up for it another day! You are doing great and are strong! :smile:
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    "The only difference between who you are and who you want to be, is what you do!!!" I am glad you are on here look for motivation instead of caving in.....I'm a motivational eater also but....I am learning to make better choices. Hold your head high and go for a walk, read a book, hobby.....anything to get you through this feeling.
  • Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    im the same but i gave in to the tempation and felt bad about it the next day cause i reminded myself im doing this for me no one else. so just chin up and you will get through it .
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Wow- you've lost 41 pounds since Feb! I admire you :)

Sorry your hubbs was insensitive and said hurtful things, that is their down side isn't it?! :sad:

I guess if food is the only activity that will make you feel better....then stuffing yourself would be the answer.

Take good care :heart:
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow... look at your progress you have made... 41 pounds down! There is your motivation! Your doing GREAT!!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Are you allowing yourself to have the foods you're craving today? The biggest reason this is working for me is that I'm learning to incorporate those things into my daily life so not to feel restricted. Good luck to you and I hope you get through this rough day with control over your cravings. Best wishes.
  • Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm going to get out of this office and go find a Subway. I can get a lot of bang for my calorie bucks there...get something that taste good and feels good in my stomach but won't destroy my calorie limit for today...