Oh Em Gee and Aargh. Plateau.

Options
Today was my 60th day in a row logging in. I started losing weight with Livestrong's My Plate and I plateaued with it. My sister wanted to do MFP so I signed up with her. I think I've lost a whole 2 lbs in the last 2 months.

I know I'm not eating perfectly. If anyone has read other threads/posts by me, I have a major attention span issue, so I know I'm not exercising right either.

I've made some great changes in my lifestyle and appearance, I'll never go back. I know I'm doing it to myself and if I don't want badly enough to further change my lifestyle and habits, then I'm in a good place to just maintain.

I am so frustrated though. I'm not trying to maintain. I am trying to lose weight. My attitude about it fluctuates as much as my weight does and today is one of those days.

Edit: I should probably add that in these 2 months I have lost a couple inches, but that has stopped happening too.

Replies

• Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Right there with you, girl. I've not lost a lbs in weeks but I am looking leaner and more toned. I feel like I should be satisfied, but I am NOT. 2.5 lbs is all I've lost; but we just have to keep on. Eventually, something's gotta give! GRRR!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Fellow plateauer here. I'm increasing my strength training and trying to consume more calories. It isn't working so far, but I will give it 2 more weeks and then try something else.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Lean people tend to lose weight more erratically than overweight/obese people. I can send you the study/research if you want the study/research reference. Keep it up..

Looking at your food diary, Id cut out stuff like Denny's - Ultimate Skillet, 1 Skillet and Home Run Inn - Toasted Ravioli, 12 pieces in favor of more filling meals that have less calories... like a southwest chicken salad with salsa for dressing.

Also, do you work out? Add some (more) strength training and HIIT workouts.
  • byroman
    byroman Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am there, too. Fortunately, I have also been tracking my measurements. When I increased my workout entensity, I stopped dripping weight, but my measurements started dropping more quickly. I am in hopes that when my muscle mass build-up slows, the weight measurements will start dropping again.
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Hey girl...DEFINITELY harder to lose weight as you get slimmer. But you also answered your question (if it was a question) right in your post. You said that you're not eating the best and not really exercising. It sucks sometimes but, at least for me, it's a contast battle and if I want to continue to lose I have to continuously work at it. Good luck, you've lost a LOT of weight so far!!
  • RyvreTam
    RyvreTam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    But I had the skillet with egg whites!

And that's my attitude about it going up and down. Even when I eat poorly I'm tracking it, running it off, eating my exercise calories, not going crazy. I'm just not balancing my nutrients like I should.

I have lower than normal patience with exercises I find boring, which is just about everything. 10 minutes of a video is an eternity. I want to be outside, zone out to the people talking in my headphones, watch the scenery go by. I realize I'm a particular brand of crazy for being so particular about the way I exercise. I swear, I've tried so many other things, repeatedly.

Thanks guys. Just a hump day, I'll get over it. Then I'll suck it up and try another video.
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Is it crappy weather there? If you like being outside, go outside!! You have to do what you like or you won't stick with it. Do you have a bike? I love bike riding. :)