Who uses the wii board to weigh?

mommyoftwins05
mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all,

Do you use the wii board to weigh yourself?

Also do you use it on carpet. I've always used mine on carpet. But always try to do it around the same spot on the floor. I've been active with losing weight since may 31st..and since my weight is going down with the wii board..once it stayed the same..

so too me the carpet isn't effecting it as the weight isn't jumping up and down..

What is your thought on this

Replies

• rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    I only use the wii to weigh. Partly because it's the only scale I have, and because I feel like it is very accurate. I did used to have it on the carpet, but switched to hard floor bc I read that carpet throws it off. But, I'd have to agree with you, there was no difference. I actually did it on carpet and hard floor the same day and no difference.
  • taralynn06
    taralynn06 Posts: 13
    I weigh in on the wii and the little leg extentions keep it off the carpet enough and it seems very accurate for me in comparison with the scale at my gym (they have a scale like the ones at the doctor's office)
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    I use my regular scale for logging weight on MFP, but the Wii and the scale are pretty close as far as weight goes.

I like my Wii because it measures BMI too.
  • LittleVikki
    LittleVikki Posts: 88 Member
    Ive always weighed myself on the wii but lately im starting to doubt it as I weighed myself on carpet it said i lost 1lb then i weighed myself on flat surface and said i had put on 7 lbs!!! Then weighed myself with a normal scale and it agreed with first weigh in on carpet i'd lost 1 lb all in the space of 5 mins! I would get a normal scale and compare that way you are re assured :) x
  • TCB2day
    TCB2day Posts: 87 Member
    Hi,

I use the wii board and also have a balance scale (type used in doctor's office). The wii board usually matches the scale. I haven't found any discrepancies. I also use the wii board on carpet without any problems. I like the charts the wii provides to show my progress. I hope this helps and good luck in the weight loss/healthy life journey!
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    it's the only scale i own. I have hard wood floors though.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    I use the Wii and the old school analog scale I have in the bathroom (it's probably older than I am as it was in the bathroom when my hubby bought the house from his grandmother). Both work about the same. As long as the number's going down, does it really matter if it's 100% accurate? To me, it's not that important, but to each his own.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Thanks all :) I think I'll keep using it... I really like the charts too :) plus I can go back and see my weights in the past and so on.
This discussion has been closed.