have you tried a Green Monster?

Options
I read about them on the Oh She Glows blog and my friend started drinking them. I'm considering making them a staple in my diet, but I'm curious....how often & at what time of day you usually drink yours? And most importantly, what changes have you noticed since drinking them (energy, snacking, hair, skin, nails, etc.)?

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I actually drink the blue lo-carb monsters because they have 10% of the calories a regular monster does. I usually on drink one in the morning on weekends or on days that I'm up late (just killed off one this morning).

It actually fills me up and makes me not hungry. Like coffee, except it just wakes me up and keeps me going more efficiently. Hair, skin and nails have not changed at all since drinking them.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I just looked that up and realized you weren't talking about the energy drink - ahahahaha! I'm so sorry!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I make my own version:
    1/2 or whole banana
    0% fage greek yogurt or 2% milk
    1/2 cup baby spinach raw
    1 scoop of Spirutein protein powder any flavor (I like this particular brand because of the tripart protein and the fact that you get 100% of daily vitamins per scoop plus digestive stuff)
    1 scoop of Macrogreens (http://macrolifenaturals.com/home.htm)

The total cal content varies between 350-450 depending on what and how much I put in. I find that if it is around 420+ I am full until lunch time. Good energy, etc. I drink one for breafkast and sometimes a lower cal version (less ingredients) after my work out at night.

I've always had good hair and nails so I can't comment on that part.