When I take 2 days off strength training I lose, when I star

Options
I've been on Level 2 of the 30 day shred for 8 days. I did level 1 for 10 days. I haven't been losing any weight and after my strength training I do a minimum 20 minutes turbo jam to 40 mins of turbo jam. I do both strength and cardio 5 days a week.

Now I didn't do strength training in the past 2 days because I hurt a muscle in my back, waiting for that to feel better. Stepped on the scale today and 1 pound lost!! Now... i want to think it's because i'm losing fat and not muscle because I let my muscles relax for 2 days.

What do you guys think that 1 pounds loss is? Fat or Muscle?

It happened to be before too but when I started back into my strength training.. whoop!! went back up the scale to my original place that I can't seem to budge when doing strength and cardio together for 5 days a week. Even doing some light cardio activities on the weekend.

Also, I feel like with the website I eat more calories now, than I did before, just because when I exercise it adds on extra calories and I eat them all back up. Thanks in advance for you help!

Replies

• pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Neither, It's water weight.

Stop doing this "I do both strength and cardio 5 days a week. ". Less exercise, more rest.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    It takes months to gain/loose muscle, and 3500 calories to burn a pound of fat. In a day you did neither of these. By guess is your body was retaining water to aide in muscle repair, when you gave it a break it released the water. I also do the 30 day shred and walk afterwards for about 40 minutes. the turbo jam just might be to much!
  • FemmeAndi
    FemmeAndi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    ok thanks guys!