Anyone else work out at home?

Options
2»

Replies

• adoreabella
    Options
    I work out at home at well. I have a Wii, so I alternate between Zumba, Gold's Gym Latin Dance Workout and Dance Dance Revolution. I also have a puppy (well, ok, he's 11 but he is still my baby) that I try to walk for 30-60minutes daily. I recently ordered the Zumba DVDs and cannot wait to try them out.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I currently workout at home, I prefer to do so in the mornings.
    (Although, when I was going to Curves, my workouts were in the late afternoon.)
    I have a couple of Videos (yes videos)
    One is Bun Busters Total Body Workout, the other is just a learn to do country line dancing. (hey it still works your body)
    I am looking to get the Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone Mile 1 & 2 soon. (and probably at least 1 or 2 more of her dvds)
    The Zumba Dance dvd's look like fun too.
  • Bjninja
    Bjninja Posts: 44
    Options
    How did you like Curves? They keep trying to recruit me, but I don't know how effective the 30-minute circuit would be for me.
  • LyneaS
    LyneaS Posts: 22
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 am to work out. I started out with Wii Fit and then EA Sports Active. Now I am doing EA Sports Active 2 and it really gets me sweating. Good Luck!!
  • NishaFa
    NishaFa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How did you like P90X? I've been thinking about it, but I've seen a lot of people get sick doing it, so I'm a bit worried.

I love it. I have seen people get sick from it as well. But after talking with them I discover that they aren't eating properly. I eat my daily calories in healthy foods and drink plenty of water. I haven't had any problems with it. This my second round.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    How did you like P90X? I've been thinking about it, but I've seen a lot of people get sick doing it, so I'm a bit worried.
    I love P90X doing it for 2 months now and really feel the difference. In the start just don't try to follow the speed of Tony and the team but gradually increase it.
    Your first week will be tough if You are out of shape. But as the weeks go You are gonna get stronger and fitter. And considering weights I recommend from 1.5 - 5kg. If you are not really in form use resistance bands instead of pull ups.
    Go for Classic or Doubles (Doubles for faster results and if you are fit) .
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Nice to have you here! I work out at home with my exercise bike, wii fit and dvd's. I have to tell you that its my exercise bike that I use every day. It burns the most calories. If I ride it for 30 min, its 400 calories. If I go 45 I burn almost 800 calories!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Do you have Time Warner cable? If so, use their On Demand (it's free) Exercise Tv.

Comcast Cable also has On Demand(free exercise tv).Great trial w/out buying the dvd to find out you can't stand the instructor! Lol. I also work out at home Leslie Sansone is my go to, even when I have no energy to move! 30 day shred, 6 week 6 pack are 2 dvd's from Jillian Michael's and aren't bad. Keep you moving and both about 30 min. give or take! Also use my treadmill and gazelle. Luck on your weightloss journey!:)
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    If you invest in Leslie Sansone...I would suggest her 4 FAST MILES (boosted walking). If you are not up to 4 miles at the start, it has mile markers after each completed mile...Just a suggestion as I have several of her dvd's and this one is ALWAYS my go to one when I do a Leslies workout.
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Nice to have you here! I work out at home with my exercise bike, wii fit and dvd's. I have to tell you that its my exercise bike that I use every day. It burns the most calories. If I ride it for 30 min, its 400 calories. If I go 45 I burn almost 800 calories!

I use the exercise bike the most also (mine has the air resistance arm movement) so the calorie burn is more than just a regular bike.
  • JacqR
    JacqR Posts: 2
    Options
    I work out at home too. I have an array of DVDs and one way I change it up is through ebay. You can get new ones at extremely discounted prices and don't pay shipping and handling. The most important this is to push play. I'm still working on my own advice, but I keep trying and sticking with it! I don't know if this helps, but I wish you success.
  • JacqR
    JacqR Posts: 2
    Options
    The best part of P90x is that you keep pushing play and "Do your best and Forget the Rest". I know highly fit people that have to pause and start up again during the workouts. Just step it up when you can and go from there! Another GREAT workout/program is Chalean Extreme and Turbo fire.
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    email lordsfitness@aol.com a professional fitness instructor can do a work out with you on live video feed right there in your home....
  • darlingdynamo
    Options
    hello yes i workout at home doing richard simmons ' dancing to the oldies" and i love it . I also do wii fitness at home its a wonderful game console ; with lots of activities to do.

holy moses I have to try richard simmons. I just don't see how you couldn't be motivated after watching that little man and his boundless energy... and all the laughing has to do something for my waist line. best. advice. ever.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I started with the EA Sports active 2 for wii, then completed Insanity, and now I'm doing a 20 week turbo fire/chalean extreme hybrid. I love turbo fire. I think I could do the hybrid over and over and never get tired of it!