Choice....

Options
So, weigh-in tomorrow morning. Know I've had a bad week and am resigned to having a gain this week. (Not beating myself up about it, I know where I went wrong and why.)

Question is, do I skip weigh in for the week - or face it. Even though I know I'm gonna gain, do I really want to see it on the scale?

Anyone else get tempted to skip on a bad week, what did you do? Would you do the same again?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I think everyone would have a different answer to this one. How will the news affect you? Will it motivate you to have a better week next week? Will it crush your will and give you an excuse to have another bad week? I would decide myself based on how I answered those questions.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Face it. Then put it behind you. This is a journey to true healthy living. There will be bends and turns in the road, but trying to ignore them will just get you lost. Good luck to you! (and it may not be as bad as you thought. you never know. :wink:
  • errbellyq51
    Options
    Yes, I'm always tempted to skip after a rough week, but if I actually weigh, I can physically SEE the effect of whatever undermined me for the week. It makes me alittle stronger for the upcoming week, and besides, you may actually have lost anyways. Besides, this is all about new, healthy habits, right? Just keep that positive mind set... :happy:
  • antoniaswift
    Options
    i put on for 3 weeks running but stuck with it because if i would have given up i never would have gone back, and this morning at last i has a loss of 3 and a half pound so im back on track now. so go and face it, we all have a bad week i had 3 bad weeks lol x:laugh:
  • slimdownmike
    Options
    I think everyone would have a different answer to this one. How will the news affect you? Will it motivate you to have a better week next week? Will it crush your will and give you an excuse to have another bad week? I would decide myself based on how I answered those questions.

This is where I'm unsure... if I am not expecting a gain then it is kinda demotivating, but gaining when I'm expecting it... I dunno. first time since joining MFP I am expecting a gain, so not sure how it'll affect me. ( Or effect... I'm never smart enough to know which!) :huh:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    This is where I'm unsure... if I am not expecting a gain then it is kinda demotivating, but gaining when I'm expecting it... I dunno. first time since joining MFP I am expecting a gain, so not sure how it'll affect me. ( Or effect... I'm never smart enough to know which!) :huh:

You may be surprised and actually see a loss - sometimes it happens just when you are off your routine.
  • tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I say weigh, it'll push you harder for the week ahead

Terri xx
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    weigh yourself to see what is happening if you want, i would. You dont have to weigh in on here if you gain just try to follow the plan better for the next weigh in to have better results.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Adding to the hodgepodge of answers you're gonna get: I think it depends on what you're trying to accomplish at the moment. For myself, I'm only a couple months into this lifestyle change, and I'm still working on making exercise a habit and remembering to THINK about what I'm eating. The number on the scale is just not the biggest priority for me.

So I think you'll get a better handle on how things are progressing by reviewing your exercise habits so far, and your eating choices -- how well are you sticking to the plan, and how can you do better?

But, heck, if you just GOTTA check on what that number on the scale is, then check it.