Typical Week

What does a typical workout week look like for you? When do you do what exercises and for how long?

Replies

• What does a typical workout week look like for you? When do you do what exercises and for how long?
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    I am currently doing Turbo Jam. I do anywhere between 60-90 minutes per day, 4-7 days per week (depending on my work schedule). I do weight training (Turbo Sculpt) three times per week and on those days I usually do 20-30 minutes of cardio after.

How about you??
  • wow that's great!

I am doing TJ as well but I just started and am completely out of shape, so Im slowly moving up. Last week I did the 20-minute (low impact, no jumping basically) m-w-f and turbo sculpt I made it through 30 minutes of on tues and thurs. I am hoping to do the 20 minute again this week, and get through the entire 40 minutes of turbo sculpt
  • I try to exercise every day in the afternoon or evening, because that time fits best with my class schedule. I work at the university's weight room, so it's easy to work out when I'm there. I do strength training every other workout and 30-45 minutes of cardio depending on whether or not I did strength training. I really like to jog because I feel really energized afterward, but sometimes I use the elliptical trainer at the gym. On the weekends, I like to get outside and walk/bike/run at the park, just to change things up. :happy: Oh, they also offer a free yoga class at our gym, and I like to do that once a week or so. It's not the most strenuous workout, but I always feel really good afterword.

I just read about the 30 Day Shred video after seeing it mentioned on here, and I'm thinking about trying that to add a little variety to all this. I'll probably use it to replace a workout though. I'm not crazy enough to add it outright! :laugh:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    I do cardio every morning (walk/jog/run) or bike or elliptical for 30-60 minutes.

In the afternoons I do either yoga or strength training for 15-30 minutes.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    My workouts are as follows:

Monday: 30min cardio then 45 to 55 min of weight/ circuit training (Full Body)
    Tuesday: 60min cardio
    Wednesday: 30min cardio then 45 to 55 min of weight/ circuit training (Upper)
    Thursday: 30min cardio then 45 to 55 min of weight/ circuit training (Lower)
    Friday: Off
    Saturday: Off
    Sunday: 60min cardio
    For Cardio I usually switch it up between Elliptical, Bike, Rower, Stairclimber & Treadmill
    For weight taining I usually do one day upper, one lower & 1 full body. I change up the exercises a lot so that my body doesn't get used to the same thing all of the time.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    oh my-- well, as life permits as a homeschooling mother of 9 who also works a home typing job 6-8 hours a day-- if I'm lucky, I can squeeze a 20-30 minute run in 3 times a week. I enjoy the Shred workout, which is only 20 minutes-- but, by the time I find the DVD, cue it up, clear the room, shush the kids, find the weights, shush the kids again-- blah, blah, blah-- it's been 20 minutes and the DVD is just gettin' goin'.

So, I find the best bang for the buck timewise is a jog around the neighborhood. It's also the most peaceful because I either do it alone or with hubby and/or just one of my teens, so it's quiet. I also find it the most rewarding on a bunch of levels because I conquer my inner demons that say "I can't make it another step, I have to stop." There's no one standing over me telling me to keep going except for me-- so that has been very empowering.

122fs329172.gif
  • ErinRNinMaine
    wow that's great!

I am doing TJ as well but I just started and am completely out of shape, so Im slowly moving up. Last week I did the 20-minute (low impact, no jumping basically) m-w-f and turbo sculpt I made it through 30 minutes of on tues and thurs. I am hoping to do the 20 minute again this week, and get through the entire 40 minutes of turbo sculpt

You will! It is tough at first, but you will be suprised at how fast you pick it up and get conditioned! I'm at the point now where I find myself daydreaming, enjoying the music, just going on autopilot and before I know it, the workout is done!

Keep up posted on the progress and check out the Turbo Jammers thread. Post daily to let us all know what you're doing!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    I work at the university's weight room, so it's easy to work out when I'm there.

LUCKY!!!!