Making a change for good

Options
omnisis
omnisis Posts: 85 Member
Just wanted to introduce myself. Been tracking meals on here for a little while now (love the Android app) and just started recently chatting on the forum and such. I'm over 30 and have always been pretty fit but had fallen into a pattern recently (last 2 years or so) of eating the wrong kinds of foods and not finding the time to exercise (my job is a typical 9-5 office gig). My energy and self-confidence were at an all-time low so I decided to something about it. This time I made a commitment to myself to learn how to cook and prepare meals for myself and not just adopt a temporary fad diet to lose the weight or a crazy workout routine that I couldn't manage long term. I was 6'2" with an all-time high of 235lbs this Spring (before joining this site) and I'm currently about 204lbs and still losing. I hope to get down to 195 or so which is reasonable for my frame which is larger than average. I've enjoyed losing the weight and especially knowing that it's not due to a temporary diet, but a permanent lifestyle change which has now become part of my everyday life. Hoping to maybe meet and encourage others on their journey as well.

Replies