Exercise or Not?....Lets hear a vote please....

Options
Does carrying in all the groceries that I'm NOT suppose to eat count as exercise?....You know,kinda like the "If nobody sees you eat it,it doesn't count" method?

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    No it doesnt!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Personally I don't count things that aren't truly exercise, I feel like I would be cheating my self. I also realize that that is all the exercise some people get is maybe carrying groceries, walking the dog, mowing the yard. I say to each his own, after all its you that has to live with the results.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. Absolutely.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Stuff like that is part of your maintenance calories, I wouldn't log it as exercise.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I personally only log "exercise" not daily chores. Things like swimming with my kids or gettin down and dirty in the yard I will if I feel my heart rate was high enough or I got enough done to break a sweat. That is just me though....
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    How far are you carrying them? Are there any hills on the way? What's your heart rate? Can I have some food?
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Nope! I'm thinking just count the workouts. Everything else just means you're an active person. Which is what you want to be anyway, right? :smile:
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Depends.........Are you carrying them while you run around the block three times?:wink:
  • atisketataskets
    Options
    cute! if this counts..my vote is that we also get credit (and by credit, I mean - like a 3 pound weight loss per week) for all of the money we contribute to the food that we get to carry into the house and don't get to eat! LOL
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I would agree with the concept of carrying groceries comes under activity/lifestyle so it isn't exercise. I walk home from my bus for about 10 minutes every day, that doesn't get counted, on the other hand if I spend 3 hours doing yardwork I consider that to be beyond my normal routine and count it as a form of exercise.

The goal is to be active and to be honest with yourself and your goals.
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you do curls with them, work up a sweat and put them back on the shelf because there is no way you are bringing them home and putting them in your body :laugh:

Sometimes, because I am that person that has to go through EVERY isle at the grocery store, I pick up a bag of potatos and carry it around with me... toss in a few squats or lunges as I pass the sugar-y cereals and think to myself "it's hard carrying this weight - I am not putting it back on!"

I may not log the "work-out" but I feel it :wink:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. The amount of will-power required to not eat them MUST burn some calories.
  • Disinte_GratioN
    Options
    Add some dumb bells in the grocery bags.....works for me!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    How about just call that a bonus boost but dont log it in. Continue with your regular exercise. If you counted it ti would only be 3 to 10 calories burned.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    :huh: How far away from the store did you park in the parking lot? How many bags of food you're NOT suppose to eat are we talking about here? Did you really push yourself on each bag carry? How many calories does your HRM say you burned? Did you keep your heart rate in the target range, or were you going at a leisurely pace?

Personally, I'm not convinced you worked hard enough. You may need to go shop some more and carry a few more bags. :glasses: :wink:
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :huh: How far away from the store did you park in the parking lot? How many bags of food you're NOT suppose to eat are we talking about here? Did you really push yourself on each bag carry? How many calories does your HRM say you burned? Did you keep your heart rate in the target range, or were you going at a leisurely pace?

Personally, I'm not convinced you worked hard enough. You may need to go shop some more and carry a few more bags. :glasses: :wink:

Brad - totally unrelated to this - what mud run did you do???

I have done the Spartan sprint and have signed up for the Warrior Dash!!!
  • nastytater
    nastytater Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    LOL....I'm glad too see alot of you knew this was a joke...LOL...Basically,I think I may need to do a few more knee bends and arm curls with em as I round the hedges,But as Far as eating the cream snacks and sugery foods...I ain't going to do it...Today felt great as Far as the food intake goes and I actually feel stuffed...But I atleast got in my 8 full glasses of water today...Maybe thats why I'm so stuffed....