Will i lose weight??

Options
I dont know if you can see my diarys, but im eating good things (salads, vegetables etc...) and bad things (mainly chocolate) everyday but i am staying below 1200 calories, will i still lose weight?

Replies

• slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    sure : )
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising too? i t will help boost your metabolism.
  • mabbett1990
    Options
    Yes im trying to, i havnt done any today really.
    I dont like adding my exercise on until the end of the day or i get confused as to how many calories i actually have left.
    Dont like working out just to eat it all back on again ;/
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight while staying under 1200. Once I started eating my 1200 calories I started losing again.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    well if you have MFP set to lose 1 or 2 lbs a week follow it. if it says you can eat ti back then go for it, you are likely to not lose more than that you are small already.
  • MeganLord
    MeganLord Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was working out and not eating 1200 calories so mfp told me I was starving.. after doing this for a while my body started shutting down thinking it was going into starvation mode and I stopped losing weight as long as you eat 1200 calories youll be good!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I dont know if you can see my diarys, but im eating good things (salads, vegetables etc...) and bad things (mainly chocolate) everyday but i am staying below 1200 calories, will i still lose weight?

Staying below, as you are doing according to your diary, will do more harm than good. 1200 Net is the minimum you should be getting, (you are 500-700 not healthy) you will lose weight eating 1200 calories, there is no reason to eat less. Eating too few calories can damage your metabolism and cause you to burn muscle, instead of fat, to use as fuel.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You don't give enough information for anyone to say. The amount of calories you should eat to lose weight depends on your height, weight, and activity level. And also, like most, I suggest eating back the exercise calories. It is much easier to create a caloric deficit with less food than more exercise. If you don't know how many calories to eat, let MFP choose for you. It's very good.

Try this
    http://calorieneedscalculator.com
  • mabbett1990
    Options
    You don't give enough information for anyone to say. The amount of calories you should eat to lose weight depends on your height, weight, and activity level. And also, like most, I suggest eating back the exercise calories. It is much easier to create a caloric deficit with less food than more exercise. If you don't know how many calories to eat, let MFP choose for you. It's very good.

Try this
    http://calorieneedscalculator.com

It says 2051... that cant be right??