Gluten-free snacks???

jenifergotti
jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Does anyone have any good ideas for low calorie gluten free snacks! Please help!

Replies

• jenifergotti
    Does anyone have any good ideas for low calorie gluten free snacks! Please help!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    apple, orange, banana, pear, cantalope, celery...

:)
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    I've been gluten/wheat/dairy/egg free for more than a dozen years. What are you looking for specifically? Easy to pack along hiking? Lunch stuff? I'm not checking in much because I have a super busy month, but email me if you need to and I'll get back to you.

Lara bar
    Luna (I have trouble with these - there may be some issue with the oats)
    nuts (look out for "flavorings")
    dried fruits
    Make your own trail mix of dried fruit bits, nuts, and gluten free chocolate chips
    chips - both potato and corn (again, read the flavorings)
    salsa (oddly enough you will still have to read the ingredients some add gluten as a flavoring.)
    rice crackers (watch for soy sauce in the flavoring)
    corn tortillas with fillings
    salads (watch for dressings)
    dark chocolate

As mentioned above, any fruit or vegetable is gluten free.

If you can eat dairy then yogurt or cottage cheese.
    If you can eat eggs then hard boiled eggs are easy to pack.
  • I've been gluten/wheat/dairy/egg free for more than a dozen years. What are you looking for specifically? Easy to pack along hiking? Lunch stuff? I'm not checking in much because I have a super busy month, but email me if you need to and I'll get back to you.

Lara bar
    Luna (I have trouble with these - there may be some issue with the oats)
    nuts (look out for "flavorings")
    dried fruits
    Make your own trail mix of dried fruit bits, nuts, and gluten free chocolate chips
    chips - both potato and corn (again, read the flavorings)
    salsa (oddly enough you will still have to read the ingredients some add gluten as a flavoring.)
    rice crackers (watch for soy sauce in the flavoring)
    corn tortillas with fillings
    salads (watch for dressings)
    dark chocolate

As mentioned above, any fruit or vegetable is gluten free.

If you can eat dairy then yogurt or cottage cheese.
    If you can eat eggs then hard boiled eggs are easy to pack.

We recently started a WFGFCFDF diet as well. Over the weekend we made trips to a few stores locally and found some really great stuff. Also I could not believe the amount of online stores for such foods as well! Your info will certainly come in handy for us. Thanks for sharing!!
  • jenifergotti
    Thanks for all your great ideas! I am mostly looking for on the go snacks - hiking or the park. Maybe I'll try my own trail mix. That will give me the salt that I crave as well as the sweet.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I like fruit and nuts for hiking, no trash that way, you eat the wrappers or they are bio-degradable

I sure wish I could go hiking. Live in South Florida, and althought it is wonderful for the ocean, there is no place to hike-cept to the dairy queen!!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Just a couple of comments in addition to those already made. Store-bought trail mix is not necessarily gluten-free. Some brands of dairy products ( like yogurt / cottage cheese ) have gluten added, so read your labels. If you are buying things like crackers / pretzels, brands like Glutino or Pamela's are pretty consistently good, EnerG not so much.
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Hi several members of my family are gluton free, it a tough way to live...but if you go to any health food store or section of a store..We have found low fat and gluton free snack, pretzels, cheese puffs, rice cakes, and theres many more, hope this helps..Zoe
  • jenifergotti
    I live in Utah! We have 5 trails within 20 minutes of me! I just started hiking again, haven't since highschool. I would love to live by the ocean though. I guess we always want what we don't have right? Thanks for the advice - no wrappers is always a good idea.

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

weigh in tomorrow... wish me luck.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member

well, Utz snack foods are almost all gluten free, check the packaging.
    However, they are just your regular chips/pretzels/cheese poofs.
    It might be worth looking into.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I live in Utah! We have 5 trails within 20 minutes of me! I just started hiking again, haven't since highschool. I would love to live by the ocean though. I guess we always want what we don't have right? Thanks for the advice - no wrappers is always a good idea.

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

weigh in tomorrow... wish me luck.

so we should switch for a week!! lol
    How did you weigh in go??
  • jenifergotti
    Hurray! I'm down about 4 pounds! Thanks - my weigh in had to wait til today. I'm so excited - this is what keeps me going.
This discussion has been closed.