& Just one day my jeans didn't fit

miaz143
miaz143 Posts: 48 Member
Hi everyone. I'm Amelia and I'm 22.

Today is my first day on MFP and so far I love it. I really want to change my eating habits and get healthy again.

I always could eat and eat and eat and no matter what I didn't gain weight, until recently when just one day my jeans didn't fit. It took me awhile to realize that dieting off and on isn't working. It wasn't until now that I even thought that I had to change my eating habits... that I couldn't eat like a teenager anymore, and that my body is changing.

Through high school I was always in between 110- 135lbs. Until I entered college and went up to 140-150lbs. Still at those weights I still thought I looked amazing... even if I had a little more weight on me. And for having a 5'2" frame I was pretty confident with myself... still squeezing into 2-4s. It wasn't until I changed my birth control to the Depo shot and ended up gaining 40lbs that I realized that I was even over weight.

I went to the doctors last week and my heart hit the floor... I thought what the hell happened... I never would have imagined that I was even close to 180lbs... let alone 185lbs. Denial I guess... mirror tricks... who knows.

Right away I knew I had to change. I had to get back on track.

Because I don't want the day to come that my jeans don't fit again.

Sorry for such the long story!!!

I hope you guys can guide me along. I'd love advice and tips. I look forward to meeting everyone!!!

- Amelia

Height - 5'2"
Age- 22
Starting Weight- 183lbs
Highest Weight- 185lbs
Current Weight-183lbs
First Goal Weight - 160lbs
Second Goal Weight- 145lbs
Goal Weight-135lbs

:smile: