any suggestions?

Options
I bought 6 new shirts over the weekend. I washed them and put them on hangers, and now this morning, almost all of them have what my husband calls "shoulder t_tties". I guess because it's fairly thin material. I hate those little points sticking up on my shoulders! Does anyone have a suggestion to keep that from happening? My husband says to just not put them on hangers, but they'll probably get all wrinkled if I just fold em up, and "I DON'T DO IRONING"! :laugh:

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I bought 6 new shirts over the weekend. I washed them and put them on hangers, and now this morning, almost all of them have what my husband calls "shoulder t_tties". I guess because it's fairly thin material. I hate those little points sticking up on my shoulders! Does anyone have a suggestion to keep that from happening? My husband says to just not put them on hangers, but they'll probably get all wrinkled if I just fold em up, and "I DON'T DO IRONING"! :laugh:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    dry cleaners for regular wash items. They can starch thema dn fold them cheap and have no wrinkles.
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I use plastic hangers and never seem to get that problem but ONCE in a while if I do, I keep a water spray bottle in my closet and when I put the shirt on with the shoulder boobies :laugh: I just sprtiz a tiny bit of water on it, it dries really quick and they 'flatten' right out :flowerforyou:
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    I lay them flat to dry instead of hanging them.
  • BrenNew
    Options
    I use plastic hangers and never seem to get that problem but ONCE in a while if I do, I keep a water spray bottle in my closet and when I put the shirt on with the shoulder boobies :laugh: I just sprtiz a tiny bit of water on it, it dries really quick and they 'flatten' right out :flowerforyou:

I use plastic ones too. The thicker shirts seem to be ok, it's the thinner material that seems to get the shoulder "boobies". :laugh:
    I love your suggestion, cuz THAT I can afford to do! Thanks for the idea!
    I had a suggestion at work to use the padded hangers, but I'm sure they cost alot more than a plastic spray bottle of water would! Thanks again! :smile:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Toilet paper or paper towels tubes placed over hangers give the effect of padded hangers without the outrageous cost. Just cut a slit in the tube and put it over the hanger and you are done.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I use plastic hangers and dry them hanging through the hanger not on. Like you might hang a pair of pressed pants on a hanger. No shoulder boobies for me!!

:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Toilet paper or paper towels tubes placed over hangers give the effect of padded hangers without the outrageous cost. Just cut a slit in the tube and put it over the hanger and you are done.

Thanks sooooooo much, I'll definitely try that!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    I use plastic hangers and dry them hanging through the hanger not on. Like you might hang a pair of pressed pants on a hanger. No shoulder boobies for me!!

:flowerforyou:

Thanks, if the toilet paper rolls don't do the trick, I'll try it your way!