cutting the WHITE

Options
has anyone else changed their white food intake?
starch so to speak?
white bread, bleached flour, rice and pasta?

I have changed mine by soy flour, brown rice, cauliflower, whole wheat pasta

have you had any changes in your body or way you eat it now??

I have noticed I do not have the bloat any longer.

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    has anyone else changed their white food intake?
    starch so to speak?
    white bread, bleached flour, rice and pasta?

I have changed mine by soy flour, brown rice, cauliflower, whole wheat pasta

have you had any changes in your body or way you eat it now??

I have noticed I do not have the bloat any longer.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    that was the 1st thing I had to do. The 1st wk on MFP I ate the way I had and wrote everything down. I then took this list and painstakenly inputted all the food for the week.

:noway: That was an eye opener. I ate a loaf of white bread. I could have 4-6 slices in a day. Pasta. Rice. Potatoes.

Now I eat
    Smart Balance Ziti (and measure it!!)
    Whole grain and whole wheat bread.
    Whole wheat pita
    whole grain english muffins and stone ground tortilla (still fattening, but I love them)

I added cauliflower when someone on here mentioned it.

The changes I feel are no bloating, and sustained energy. I used to feel like I was going to crash and burn at 2-3 pm. Then I would eat something with sugar (white of course!) and then crash again at 5 or so. NOt good when you have night appts.

Youre doing good, El! 11 lbs gone forever:flowerforyou:
  • Kaybay37
    Options
    Hmm. I'm a vegetarian and I've discovered that I eat A LOT of carbs...white ones in particular. I'm not sure if I'm committed enough to completely purge. Any first step suggestions????

Thanks!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say i totally cut out all white. But I am definitely more careful about it. I eat wheat bread, I use the "smart taste" pasta. I limit potatoes but DO still indulge in some oven baked french fries when I am craving them lol.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I do indulge on a small occassion, but mainly, really stick to the leaner side. I get all bloated nad heart burn. It wears me out.
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    No white things for me. I eat regular potatoes - that's it. I always have various flours on hand: chickpea, buckwheat, oat, whole wheat, spelt and soy flour. I eat whole wheat or quinoa pasta. Whole wheat pastry flour is GREAT for baking! I eat brown rice but not too often - I'm luckily not a big rice person. I do love my other grains though - millet, quinoa, buckwheat, bulgur, etc.

I've really tried watching my wheat intake overall because I get bloated and feel so heavy when I eat a lot of wheat. I try to focus my meals on veggies more than anything else.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I cut the white completely. Although, I go have the occaisional potato. I like sweet potatos but they just aren't the same, lol. I have found that I am not bloated as often but I think that might have more to do with limiting sodium and eating less in general. I'm not sure if cutting whites has made me feel different, but I do know that the foods I eat now are far more nutritious... and that is what matters most to me.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I still eat white rice and potatoes, but all of my bread products are now whole wheat