Dinner Ideas...NOT CHICKEN!!

Options
SMCNEIL40
SMCNEIL40 Posts: 80 Member
Hello MFP Members,

I need your help with some healthy dinner ideas. Please something other than chicken. I am tired of chicken, I think I am growing feathers! Please help!!

NOTE: I will take chicken recipes that are different.

Thank you all for your Help!!

Replies

• katyncal
    katyncal Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ground turkey meatloaf is good... uhmm Ground turkey encheladas...
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump!
    i'd like to know too!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Do you have a grill? I work long hours so I like to use my grill a lot. Throw some steaks, porkchops, burgers or chicken lol on there. Asparagus is awesome on the grill. I also like to wrap up my corn on the cob and cook it on the grill too. Do some quick baked potatoes or even better, baked sweet potatoes and you have a great quick meal:) Oh Grilled fish is awesome too! I also like to make healthy stir fry dishes without the soy sauce(too much sodium). Some lean mean and your favorite veggies. Add some brown rice and ta-da! Or make a fajitas with fresh veggies, lean meat and whole wheat wrap. I could go on and on....I cook all the time it seems:)
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Lean Steak (London Broil), Sweet Potato and Grilled Veggies :)
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Lean Steak (London Broil), Sweet Potato and Grilled Veggies :)

This has got my vote!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Navy bean and ground beef soup. There's all types of online recipes, and they are pretty much all the same. Full of fiber, and VERY filling. Using low sodium broth helps too.

And a very easy one: Brown Pork chops, turn oven to 325, put pork chops in baking dish and cover with low-sodium Chicken Gumbo soup. Cook 1 hr. +/- depending on size of pork chop and bone-in/bone-out. Serve with small baked potato and use the drippings instead of butter for a tasty potato. And of course, your fav. veggie!! Yummy!!
  • massmech8111
    Options
    Talapia yum!
    btw WELL DRAINED 95/5 ground beef is not unhealthy at all....IF drained well..
    turkey chili...
    Grilled Salmon and steamed veggies!!
    Tuna steak and WIld rice..
    i could go on forever...
    you are more than welcome to view my diary ...i have lots of good food:)
  • massmech8111
    Options
    Talapia yum!
    btw WELL DRAINED 95/5 ground beef is not unhealthy at all....IF drained well..
    turkey chili...
    Grilled Salmon and steamed veggies!!
    Tuna steak and WIld rice..
    i could go on forever...
    you are more than welcome to view my diary ...i have lots of good food:)
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    This what I'm having for dinner, super easy and surprisingly satisfying: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/blt-lettuce-wraps.html
  • Inspiredtobe
    Inspiredtobe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How about some asian turkey burgers? 186 calories per serving. (:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/asian-turkey-burgers-recipe/index.html
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Sometime my hubby and I have hamburger steak made out of extra lean ground beef with a salad. Ground turkey tacos or tostado (with fat free refried beans).
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    If you like fish, salmon or talapia are great. I rub a salmon fillet with smoked paprika and grill it in a grill pan sprayed with olive oil. Serve with baby spinach sauteed with olive oil and minced garlic. Yummy. I also sprinkle talapia with lemon pepper and grill in the grill pan. I like this with a baked sweet potato drizzled with olive oil with a little sea salt and pepper. Ok, now I'm getting hungry.

Let me know what you think.

:happy:
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Fresh garlic, fresh spinich, some frozen precooked tail off shrimp, heat up the shrimp, dice the garlic, chop the spinich, throw it all together for a few minutes until spinich cooks just a little (not soggy-yuck), serve with some cherry tomatoes and some shaved parmeson (spelling !) cheese if you like. I got this out of a magazine and tweeked it a little-just cook to your tastes!
  • kristie778
    kristie778 Posts: 51
    Options
    Stir fried veggies with tofu or lean meat

Tacos w/ veggie crumbles (Morningstar makes some good ones!), or lean ground beaf/turkey or fish tacos
  • Mistykelly
    Mistykelly Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Manwhich with ground turkey!
  • lmercil
    lmercil Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com she has really good recipies with pics.
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    Taco's minus the shells and bad stuff...

I eat 4 oz hamburger meat with taco seasoning
    1 cup of lettace
    1/4 cut of onions
    1/2 cup of tomatoes
    1 cup of bean sprouts ( I fry them in a pan first)
    and a little bit of the sauce that comes with the taco kits
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5939/tomato-and-thyme-cod

I made this today I dont normally eat fish but it was delicious :smile:
  • sahlah
    sahlah Posts: 52
    Options
    Depending on what you are looking for I have some on my profile at http://allrecipes.com/cook/sahlah/profile.aspx other then that there are MANY sites out there devoted to better eating. I don't know them off the top of my head but I bet others do.
  • SMCNEIL40
    SMCNEIL40 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!! Such good ideas, many choices to choose from!!