So Many Calories Remaining

Options
2»

Replies

• juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Just peeked at your diary...I'll bet your lunch was filling - LOL

honestly I think your bigger challenge might be to clean up your diet with alot more natural, "clean" unprocessed foods. Then you can ge the nutrients and calories you need.

Eat all your exercise cals back, especially now while your showing your body what to do.

Take good care :)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I know you say you don't like to eat after six, but I would wait and see how you feel in a couple of hours. You don't want to not eat and wake up starving. Maybe at around seven or so you could eat a yogurt or an english muffin with peanut butter, even a glass of milk would help.

Just a thought. I am not trying to force you to eat when you aren't hungry. Once in a while netting below 1200 won't kill you.

best wishes.
  • superjae5
    superjae5 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I echo the sentiment here. If you're not hungry, you're not hungry. I'd take a multi-vitamin regularly if you're not, just so you can make sure to get appropriate daily values of things.
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ok I would like to address a few of the responses at the same time.

A) My quality is certainly not completely there yet but I am trying to learn. When you have eaten poorly for 38 years, the learning is a struggle to.. Not to mention only being a couple weeks in and having a houseful of processed foods. We are not rich and cannot toss them out and start over.

The things I have bought since have been healthier but there are some bad bad things still remaining.

I was on the go at lunch and refused to eat a greasy take out hamburger with the rest of the family, the popcorn made more sense.

So Yes, I know I need to improve, and I am trying.

B) I will give it a bit and see if I am hungry. If I am, then I will take in something healthy. I always lived by the don't eat after 6 Period! So another rule I need to work on.

C) I appreciate the variety or insight as this is one of the largest learning processes I will ever experience and the more thorough it is the better I will "get it".
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Ok I would like to address a few of the responses at the same time.

A) My quality is certainly not completely there yet but I am trying to learn. When you have eaten poorly for 38 years, the learning is a struggle to.. Not to mention only being a couple weeks in and having a houseful of processed foods. We are not rich and cannot toss them out and start over.

The things I have bought since have been healthier but there are some bad bad things still remaining.

I was on the go at lunch and refused to eat a greasy take out hamburger with the rest of the family, the popcorn made more sense.

So Yes, I know I need to improve, and I am trying.

B) I will give it a bit and see if I am hungry. If I am, then I will take in something healthy. I always lived by the don't eat after 6 Period! So another rule I need to work on.

C) I appreciate the variety or insight as this is one of the largest learning processes I will ever experience and the more thorough it is the better I will "get it".

Don't want to sound mean but if you can't afford to get rid of the processed food you already have why didn't they have it for lunch instead of spending money on take out burgers?
  • Mveler
    Options
    I didn't say we were poor. I said I can't afford to throw out a house full of food.
    I wasn't aware that dieting meant that I had to push my family into not living the way they want.

A diet is for the person who chooses it and cannot be forced upon others.

Thanks for the input though.
  • Mystic_Potato
    Mystic_Potato Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i am pretty new to this. I have my calories around 1600 and rarely reach them. Yesterday I was not even close, between the exercise and pretty filling and healthy dinners I've been making (under 300 calories). I actually made a peanut butter banana sandwich and a glass of milk for my evening snack. I know how hard it is to keep a good routine when you are busy so I set my meals for 6 a day (3 meals and 3 snacks) so if I meet 4 or 5 I am good. [also nice to keep blood sugar level if you eat well]. We all have days like this and learning to eat healthy and manage a busy schedule is difficult task.

I'm going to send you a friend request. Maybe we can help each other on this!
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think one day doesn't hurt anyone.

I know for a fact that somedays I simply would be sick if i ate back all my calories.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You said you couldn't afford to chuck out a house full of processed food, but you can afford to buy burger take outs, just seems rather odd.

No offence intended, just how it reads.

Anyway, good luck on your journey.:bigsmile:
  • Mveler
    Options
    Hi there, i am pretty new to this. I have my calories around 1600 and rarely reach them. Yesterday I was not even close, between the exercise and pretty filling and healthy dinners I've been making (under 300 calories). I actually made a peanut butter banana sandwich and a glass of milk for my evening snack. I know how hard it is to keep a good routine when you are busy so I set my meals for 6 a day (3 meals and 3 snacks) so if I meet 4 or 5 I am good. [also nice to keep blood sugar level if you eat well]. We all have days like this and learning to eat healthy and manage a busy schedule is difficult task.

I'm going to send you a friend request. Maybe we can help each other on this!

Sounds like a plan. I can use all the support I can get. :)
  • Mveler
    Options
    Honestly I think one day doesn't hurt anyone.

I know for a fact that somedays I simply would be sick if i ate back all my calories.

Thank you!!
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Why no food after 6? It doesn't mean you 'store fat' or anything if you do? If its other reasons or habit, thats cool too, but I wouldnt worry about letting yourself eat past that. Heck, sometimes I get home from the gym so late I dont eat till 11 pm!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Why no food after 6? It doesn't mean you 'store fat' or anything if you do? If its other reasons or habit, thats cool too, but I wouldnt worry about letting yourself eat past that. Heck, sometimes I get home from the gym so late I dont eat till 11 pm!

She's right about that, it's not a rule that makes sense. The comments about burgers or not burgers while not having money is just snarky. You will do fine! It's a long learning process. And you just keep making more better choices and tweeking it. In general I do what feels right each day while trying to stay on track. One day will not wash you out. You start again every day. Eventually the family might come along with you eating more healthy.

I also have trouble throwing out food. Anyone trying to have a family on a budget does! Eventually I gave a lot to the local food pantry that we decided not to eat. As I get better at shopping our grocery bills did get better, but at first it was a lot more expensive eating more healthy. Especially buying everyone different foods. Keep working on it, it gets easier!
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    very interested in the answers
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have been 200 short for the past few days but dont feel like I want to eat....