I just want to know where I'm going wrong :(

Options
I started dieting in December last year, and I haven't managed to lose that much weight. I mean in the beginning I was cheating loads, but in the last month I've been trying loads and I've only managed to lose 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I've only really been hardcore dieting for the last 3 weeks, but I just wished things would move a bit faster for me? My friend is on the exact same diet as I am, and she has lost a stone and a half in three weeks, where as I have lost probably just over 2 pounds. I've cut down my calories as much as I can, I'm constantly hungry, I'm doing plenty of exercise, I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

I'm 5"2, 127lbs, and my average calorie intake a day is 1000.

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You aren't that big. Your weight loss will be pretty slow. You should only expect a half lb or 1 lb weight loss per week. Also, you aren't eating enough. Make sure you eat 1200 NET calories (eat your exercise cals if you exercise). lastly, I'm confused by your ticker. You're 127, but you want to lose amost 40 more lbs?
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You are eating too little. What diet are you on? What kinds of food are you eating? Start tracking your food here and soon you will have an idea of what you need to change. Good Luck :)
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You aren't that big. Your weight loss will be pretty slow. You should only expect a half lb or 1 lb weight loss per week. Also, you aren't eating enough. Make sure you eat 1200 NET calories (eat your exercise cals if you exercise). lastly, I'm confused by your ticker. You're 127, but you want to lose amost 40 more lbs?

I didn't notice that. If you are 5' 2" and 127 pounds, the lowest you should be is around 110 maybe?
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You should not be going below 1200 a day. That might be the problem right there! Can't see your diary so very hard to make any other comments.

Especially if you are exercising alot, you have to give your body fuel to burn.

Give it a try and let us know if that works!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    not enough calories, girlfriend. check this thread out, it's the one that FINALLY made me understand why we MUST eat back our exercise calories in order to lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing?hl=for+people+who+work+out+like+crazy

blessings.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is probably too low, ask your doctor or nutritionist if you don't believe me. 1200 is right for you to lose weight according to most nutritionists. Make sure you eat your exercise calories too. Be patient. The faster the weight loss, the more likely you are losing muscle and not fat. The slower the loss, the better your chances of keeping the fat off.
  • jadieee123
    jadieee123 Posts: 49
    Options

I'm not that big overall, but unfortunately all my weight seems to gather at my tummy and it makes me feel really unhappy and paranoid. I can't wear most of the clothes I see in the shop because they are not baggy enough to hide my tummy :(

I feel like if I eat more calories I'm not helping my weight loss?

And yes, sorry, please ignore my ticker, all the different measurement confuse me, I'm used to measuring in Kg and the website uses measurement in lbs :(
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    yes, eat a bit more, and DON'T STRESS! you are a small person :) it will be slower than for someone with more to lose. just keep it up

read that article that was posted ^

you must understand the science behind it :)

it's true calories in/calories out is the way to do it, but our bodies are made to LIVE not lose
  • jadieee123
    jadieee123 Posts: 49
    Options
    Tuesday Calories
    Breakfast
    2 Slices Toast 160
    Dinner
    Banana Milkshake 97
    Wotsits 95
    Tea
    Chicken 171
    Mushrooms 44
    Lettuce 3.7
    Raw Red Onion 8.6
    Chips 233
    Cheese 90
    Supper
    Muller light Toffee 90
    Total: 990

Here's just one example of what my average food intake is, and i usually burn off about 120 calories when I exercise.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE! eat more lose more. you need fat to burn fat as well... your body might be in starvation mode and 1 pound a week is what any dr would recomend you lose they don't like to see any gain/loss higher than that in 1 week.

your eating 990 and burning 120? your netting what 870? what does MFP have your goal set at... put it so you wanna lose 2 lbs per week and NET as many calories as they give you. i'm around the same height add me as a friend and check out my diary, i'm given 1450 cals a day.
  • adedonder
    adedonder Posts: 7
    Options
    Eat more total calories - like everyone else said, you need 1200 per day minimum! And, you seem to be eating mostly carbs, many of them low in fiber - wotsits, chips, toffee. You need protein! Not all calories are created equal! Cut down on your carbs and increase your fiber and protein. This will help your body to work harder to break this down into fuel, essentially burning calories in the process.