Lesson Learned

astilson33
astilson33 Posts: 52
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
So I just started my diet today and have done good so far, this morning I cooked egg whites with tomato and lettuce and a little salsa on a wheat tortilla for breakfast. I'm drinking water all day and for a snack I saw that I had some edamames which are my favirotes. Thinking its a vegatable it cant be bad. I made 2 cups. After I was done and went to go enter it in my snack, I found out that my innocent little edamames are 90 calories for half a cup. SO, i consumed 360 calories for my little snack :( So what I learned today is that no matter what, i'm checking calories on everything before I eat it.

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    ahh..yes. Sometimes we suffer a surprise or two. Soon enough you'll know counts on most things you eat frequently. No harm no foul.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    360 of edamame is not as bad as say 360 of donuts :bigsmile: Don't worry about it and move on.
  • calories yes but dont forget about the 17 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber that are working for you! Though also high in fat its good fat. Enjoy and keep on snacking!
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    bananas where my nasty surprise!
This discussion has been closed.