Halloween Costumes

Options
What are you guys going as? I finished making my costume this weekend. I wanted a "naughty" costume, but I didn't feel like spending $50 - $80 on it. So I went to the fabric store, bought a pattern and all the fabric/notions/etc... and made mine for $30. My husband was impressed with my mad sewing skills. lol

So I'm going as a pirate... or as my husband keeps saying in the immortal words of Ron Burgundy, a "dirty pirate hooker".

I have to work on his costume now. He's going as the referee from American Gladiators.

"Are the Gladiators ready?!?!"

Replies

• rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    What are you guys going as? I finished making my costume this weekend. I wanted a "naughty" costume, but I didn't feel like spending $50 - $80 on it. So I went to the fabric store, bought a pattern and all the fabric/notions/etc... and made mine for $30. My husband was impressed with my mad sewing skills. lol

So I'm going as a pirate... or as my husband keeps saying in the immortal words of Ron Burgundy, a "dirty pirate hooker".

I have to work on his costume now. He's going as the referee from American Gladiators.

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I just had to post b/c I'm laughing my butt off at "dirty pirate hooker." My friends IRL don't get my fasination with that hilarious movie! HA! Good luck with the gladiator costume! My kids are going as a penguin, chicken & turtle. Too cute. :)
  • ceedee22ed
    Options
    Hi,
    This subject has me thinking as I am going to have a halloween party. At my size i guess i could be a pumpkin (a very hot one albeit) :laugh:
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    hilarious! that's actually my sig tag on another forum.

but it's really cause i'm a pirate. AND the CEO of Saucy Wench Coffee Roasters.
    the nickname's quite accurate for me.
  • monica5237
    Options

well a friend of mine and I had the crazy idea of having an 80's party so i am going as Madonna yes i know it will be a larger madonna lol:laugh: but i am going as her when she did Holiday and lucky star you know the early Madonna lace and corsets not funnels on my boobs lol
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    That's awesome. I wish I was a pirate. Sounds much cooler than "insurance agent". :tongue:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm just wearing a pair of cat ears for the day. I have to go to school and work
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'll probably be Chun Li from Street fighter during the day...a whole group of my friends are dressing up as the characters.

FIG-SFII-ChunLi.jpg

And at night I'm dressing up like a 20's girl...my bf is going to be a 20's gangster. We're going to a 'decades' halloween party.

17760.jpg?zm=400,400,1,0,0
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I haven't decided yet! I never decide until the last minute and don't have any plans yet so thats the deal.

But... During my junior year of college I decided to be a playboy bunny. That happened to be the year when I was the skinniest that I can remember being. I looovvveee those pictures! I was about 215 then... give or take a little. I am at about 223 now and am really hoping to look just as great as I did that year. I'm already excited about it! Maybe time to revive the bunny costume??
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I don 't know but I need a good one - last year I was Batgirl - I'm stupped this year
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Arrrrggggh ya scalawags-my whole fam is going as pirates can't wait!
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    At my office, we are dressing up the whole place as Initech from the movie Office Space. We're putting up a sign that says "Is This Good for the Company?" and getting a bunch of red staplers and jump-to-conclusions mats.

For my part in it, I am debating between a Chochtkie's employee (with 15 pieces of flare) or chick-Milton... "I believe you have my stapler."
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going to wear Steelers jerseys and our daughter, Harley, (who will be almost 2 months) is going to be a football.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago, I was a GPS, and Ezzie was a Geocache! What a riot! :drinker: But my all time fave was going to Madison WI, where they throw the biggest Halloween Block Party of all time! I went as Bad Santa, and Ezzie was my naughty elf! Boy howdy! I never knew how many women had a thing for Santa! :devil: I even had a woman cop hit on me! :bigsmile:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am going simple- wearing the blue dress on the left with a pair of horns.

"Devil with a Blue Dress On"
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm going as Phoenix from the X-Men :)
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago, I was a GPS, and Ezzie was a Geocache! What a riot! :drinker: But my all time fave was going to Madison WI, where they throw the biggest Halloween Block Party of all time! I went as Bad Santa, and Ezzie was my naughty elf! Boy howdy! I never knew how many women had a thing for Santa! :devil: I even had a woman cop hit on me! :bigsmile:

First off, I'm from Madison so if any of you party there just please be respectful of my city. People actually LIVING in Madison HATE the party because people come from far far away and smash windows and start riots in the city! No uglying up my home city! :mad: :laugh:

Second of all, I was hoping to be Mia from Pulp Fiction... after the adrenaline shot was jabbed in...