Hunger Question

toadiejones
toadiejones Posts: 605 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Forgive me if this has been answered many times or is a dumb question...

I'm not usually a big eater (generally stick to frequent small meals through the day) but today I am extremely hungry. I'm over-calorie, starving and haven't yet done my workout. Even with my workout, I will be over and tend to be even more hungry afterwards. I've been eating decently and using a food plan that usually fills me up. I am on track to fulfill my water intake. Nothing is unusual except I can feel a sore throat coming on. In these circumstances do you try to ignore the hunger? Or do you eat healthy choices until you are full because your body is obviously asking for something? I guess I am just wondering if the majority of people stick to their calorie budget religiously or if have some flexibility based on their bodies requests.

Thanks!

Replies

• candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    I noticed I get super hungry when ovulating.
    I am not sure that I should indulge my body because I figure it wants that food for some baby it imagines I might conceive and it's not getting one of those.
    But I am usually weak and give in anyway :(
  • toadiejones
    Whoa. I looked at my period tracker app thingy...and I am ovulating today. Good call. Thanks.

I think I will keep munching on some veggies to see if I can't fill up. Otherwise, I might make some worse choices later this evening.
  • Ariyasnow1
    Ariyasnow1 Posts: 117
    Go with what your body is telling you! You will end up being miserable and even hungrier then before if you ignore your hunger. It use to happen to me right before bed, and I used to be so stubborn about not eating at this time. So, before I know it I am just laying there starving and unable to sleep because I can't stop thinking about food. An hour goes by and I finally cave in and get some soup or somthing small, go back to bed and bam, I'm right off to sleep. :D

As for what to eat, I would eat something natural for sure like veggies, fruits, nuts, good meats, ect. I wouldn't dive for a bag of process chips or cookies or anything like that...

Good luck!
  • pauterson
    pauterson Posts: 65
    I usually will allow myself a protein bar, shake or nuts with lots of water. Your body is asking for something, give it something substancial. Most protein bars are designed to be like a small meal replacement so they have lots of nutrients, good fats and the carbs should give you some energy to work through your workout.

Also, I take a fat burner that really helps suppress my apetite. :-)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Hard to comment without seeing your diary but I would ask how many calories you are eating a day. Hopefully over 1200 and then how much protein you are eating along with you amounts of fiber and water.

Best of Luck!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    I figure it wants that food for some baby it imagines I might conceive and it's not getting one of those.

:laugh: LMAO
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    If I am hungry, I eat. Thankfully there isn't a firing squd waiting to take you out if you go over your calories for 1 day. My period week is my worst too!! Thankfully, it just ended :)
  • toadiejones
    Thanks everyone! 1200 is my calorie budget. I've eaten more veggies today than normal. I'm over on protein. On track for water. I'll listen to my body today, eat sensibly and hope that tomorrow it calms down from its enthusiasm for a baby. As I already have 4 kids (the last one conceived while on the pill) and hubby finally got that vasectomy, my body is just going to have to deal with disappointment. :laugh:
  • melane71
    melane71 Posts: 35
    I am starving when I am ovulating and all the way to the end of my periods. I usually gain 3 to 4 lbs and feel bloated all the time. I do not ignore my hunger because then I am pissy. I eat apples.
This discussion has been closed.