Logging Marinade?

Options
sbrown6
sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
How do I log marinade? Some marinated chicken breasts are about to hit my grill. Not sure how to log the marinade. Thanks in advance to my MFP peeps for enlightening me!

Replies

• ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Its really hard to say, because you obviously dont eat all that you marinade in. To be on the safe side, i would log atleast 1/2 to 3/4 of it though. I
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I log the full amount used. I'd rather over-estimate than under-estimate. The calorie count is usually minimal. It's the sodium you have to watch for.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I log all that I use. Better to have too much than too little. It usually doesn't make too much of a difference.
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I figure this question is kind of similar.
    I cook with spices like tumeric and similar, I have tended not to count them but tonight I did.
    It said 24 calories for the whole tbsp (about what I used) so I am not worried about that because its not that much.
    But ...the nutrients, it has potassium, iron, good stuff like that. And I think, gosh, I'd like to count ALL that, but of course lots of the tumeric got left in the water (and probably the potassium leaked out into the water too eh?).