TOPIC JUST FOR THE LADIES, SORRY GUYS!

Options
Do most of you wait to weigh in before and during your menstration? I want to see if there has been change, but I feel, you know, bloated, full of water, and I don't think I could handle the result if it isn't good. Does it truly change your weight during this time?:yawn: :noway:

Replies

• JESSMC420
    Options
    Do most of you wait to weigh in before and during your menstration? I want to see if there has been change, but I feel, you know, bloated, full of water, and I don't think I could handle the result if it isn't good. Does it truly change your weight during this time?:yawn: :noway:
  • amyjoh
    amyjoh Posts: 92
    Options
    I would say yes it does matter. As I have experienced I am definitely heavier during my menstrual cycle. Heck between cramps, crankiness and cravings, I really don't want to know what I weigh! So be prepared if you do weigh yourself. I am not a doctor but am a fellow lady! Hope all is going well with you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    I weigh after she is gone. I can usually go up about 3lbs during flo. Sucks!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yea, but why would that matter? Weight isn't an indication of progress. It's not like you gain 3 lbs of fat while menstruating, it's just water. Don't let the scale dictate how you view yourself. :smile:
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    yeah i started this diet on Tues. and then started my period on Thurs. and have been sick since LAST sunday.

and i always lose around 3 pounds after i "start"

this has been TOUGH. but i'm sticking to it!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Yea, but why would that matter? Weight isn't an indication of progress. It's not like you gain 3 lbs of fat while menstruating, it's just water. Don't let the scale dictate how you view yourself. :smile:

Songbrydsweet - that was just what I needed to hear! I worked by butt off last week, and lost one measly pound - but you are right, is that all that matters!?! You've inspired me to give waaaay less credit to the scale!
    :flowerforyou:

And yes, I'm always up weight with my period, so I never weigh in during - I just skip that week or weigh in on day 6 once it's gone!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every friday morning no matter what my cycle is doing.....
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Yeah, because someday when you get to be my age your cycle will get really sneaky ... you'll think it's coming along and be all PMS-y and then it doesn't ... and doesn't ... and sometimes does .... so I just have to figure if I go up 2 or 3 pounds overnight it's just water and not worry too much!!
  • JESSMC420
    Options
    THANKS! I appreciate the input! I think I am starting, so I should wait till everything is over, but I really want to see if there has been more progress. After reading all the posts, I don't think I could see a 3lb gain, even if it is water, up is down for me!
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    oh yeah, you can weigh different, but I weigh in every Saturday, no matter, have to deal with the good and the bad....:sad:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I wait about 8 days after I start that business....make sure all that water weight is gone!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    oh my-- I'm good for about a 5-8 pound gain during this time-- all water. I know to expect it, so hang in there. Once it runs it's course, I then realize the actual results of the calorie counting.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    If you are someone who is frustrated by the numbers (like I am) I would not recommend weighing....

Let's say you've been working really hard the past few weeks, 149, 148, 147, then 150 - I would quit! (I've been there - and contemplated throwing in the towel).

I can't even get on the scale, or I get crazy about it (even though I know the reason)....

If you're like me, skip weighing days 1-5 and maybe days 27 & 28 too!
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    For me it makes no difference if I weigh in at that TOM or not. I seem to stay the same.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I weigh anyway. BUT I blame any increases on my TOM.

Just a tip, if weighing gets you that stressed, so badly that you can't stand to see the numbers go up even though you know it's just water, it would probably be beneficial to avoid the scale altogether and stick to measuring instead.
  • Kylie30
    Kylie30 Posts: 16
    Options
    You may want to weigh in once to really see how much your weight fluctuates but after that...stay clear of the scales while you go through "that time"....it just disapoints.