ZUMBA

Options
I've decided to add zumba to my exercise regimen. Anyone does or did Zumba before? How was ur experience?

Replies

• astilson33
    astilson33 Posts: 52
    Options
    My friend invited me so it will be my first time also, and everyone I know that does Zumba has said nothing but great things about it. They say it's SO much fun!!! HAVE FUN! I can't wait to try it!
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just started doing it, been twice now. I usually HATE group classes but I love Zumba. It is so much fun while you get a great workout too. If you like to dance you will probably love it too. Have fun!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. It is so much fun!
  • GettingThisDone100
    GettingThisDone100 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA - It's what keeps me going :smile:
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I went to a new class today, and the instructor said: "It's a workout in disguise!"

That is totally a true statement, because you are dancing and having fun, and probably sweating your *kitten* off, but you don't realize how much of a workout it really is.

I've been going to classes since January, and I try to get into classes with as many instructors as I can, because they all seem to have a different style, so it's good to change things up every so often.

So go and have fun, I bet you'll be hooked!!!!
  • judyann123
    Options
    It is great ,, started it several weeks ago, even looking forward to 3 hour Zumbathon tomorrow,,,great music and fun.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It is awesome! I did it for 10 weeks at the beginning of the year. SOO much fun.
  • Addison2409
    Addison2409 Posts: 104
    Options
    Where can you get it?
  • lamcdonough
    lamcdonough Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm completely uncoordinated but I loved Zumba! My friend and I were doing it once a week and having a blast. Unfortunately our instructor got too far along in her pregnancy to continue, so now we're looking for a new class. Good luck!
  • cathedralite22
    Options
    I do Zumba Water Aerobics. It's so much fun and good exercise.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    its totaly addictive
  • manjezimmer
    manjezimmer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Zumba has been the best class ever. It is so much fun and you burn between 600-800 a class. I also do it on the xbox kinect. I love it. So worth a try! Good Luck!
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Zumba is so much fun! I take a class, do the videos, and have the Wii game! If you like Latin/Hip Hop music and shaking your hips, Zumba is for you. The time flies and you don;t realize the impact until later. I am such an addict, that I am becoming an instructor. I think I get most results from the actual class, followed by the Wii game and last the videos, but they all give a GREAT workout. I also feel so much better after.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Going to classes just doesn't fit into my schedule, so I have the DVD's. I love my Zumba! My only drawback is the floor where I do Zumba is carpeted but I got myself some shoes with very litle tread so it works just fine,
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Addison2409, Most gyms offer the class. Otherwise, you can order the tapes on-line or off the infomercial on tv. Also, WII has a ZUMBA tape (can be purchased at your box stores--Walmart, Target,etc.--or Game Stop,etc. ).
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I tried it last week. The time seemed to go fast and the music was great, but I'm not sure it was for me (BTW I have been a professional dancer during my 20s).

I wore my HRM and I burnt 500 calories (i'm really fit, working out 2 hrs/day).

GG
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba Water Aerobics. It's so much fun and good exercise.

Is it easier on the joints?? Would love to find 1 around here!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a blast and the time flies by while you're doing it. Calorie-wise I burn less than in other cardio classes like step aerobics and hip hop dance and my heart rate doesn't get as high. Our instructor always makes the 600-1000 calories burned claim too. Tonight I burned 385 calories in a 50 minute class and was going all out.
  • Nachos88
    Nachos88 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm not really digging the classes...i hate crowded rooms. So i downloaded the cd's on torrent. I know...but I live in the caribbean, they definately don't deliver over here. so i had no choice. But it will be fun going crazy and dancing up my place. *solo* LOL
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've found that my knees hurt alot more since i've been doing zumba. There is a lot of twisting.

I do like zumba but i can't say it's a workout in disguise, maybe when my fitness level's increase. Right now it really does feel like a hard workout for me not just dancing.