cycling class distance

Options
How far do you all reckon a typical spinning class is. I am just trying to get an idea of what it relates to in road miles I understand your milage may vary. I would like to think I am covering around 10 miles is a typical class.

Replies

• emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    How far do you all reckon a typical spinning class is. I am just trying to get an idea of what it relates to in road miles I understand your milage may vary. I would like to think I am covering around 10 miles is a typical class.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    According to the website for spinning. . .it's between 15-20 miles in a forty minute class.

Here's the link. . .it's a great website, chock full of good info.

http://www.spinning.com/spinning-enthusiasts/spinning-program-faq.asp
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I do spin classes and mountain bike. Just from how I feel following the class I would guess 10-12 miles. However that would probably translate to 15-20 on a road bike, so I think the site quoted is pretty accurate.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Depends if it's an endurance or a strength class-endurance more like 15-18, strength more like 12ish
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    Thank you all for the info. I have been doing a little riding on the road on my beach cruiser. So it is kind of hard for me to compare that. I have been putting down either 10 or 12 miles depending on how the class felt so I was in the ballpark at least.