Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello! I am new and giving this a chance

I have been trying to lose weight for about 3 years now and can't seem to figure out why I am having such trouble. All this time I have been eating wheat pasta, drinking soy or almond milk and nice bowls of cereal like corn chex. Then recently I found out that I have food alergies. Nothing serious. Just need to eliminate any product that has corn, wheat, soy and peanuts. I thought I was doing good for my body but I was actually fighting it.
I have either eliminated those products or have cut back tremediously; yet, I am still finding it difficult to lose the weight. I figured I would give this a try since I have also been told I am not eating enough. To my surprise, they are right. I eat All day long and still cant meet my daily allowance. I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, snack, dinner, snack. I eat fairly well but I guess I could do better at my selection. I seem to eat too much Protein and not enough carbs. I am trying to find the nice balance to meet my allowance yet be able to enjoy the foods that I like and those that fit into my busy schedule. I have tried making a menu of foods to eat for each day but cant stick to it at times because of conflict with work and home. I dont want my family to have to diet because a diet is not what I looking for. Dinners are always well balanced, home made and healthy for all. No Fried foods or take out in this house. fresh veggies from my garden, lean cuts of meat and small portions of carbs.
Hopefully in time, I will figure out what I am missing. In the meantime, I will continue with my normal then re-evaluate to find a solution.

Replies

• HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    You found the right place to help you on your journey! Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend if you want! :smile:
  • welcome, I only started a week ago and i was going over my fat and protein, so i had to change what i ate. It can be hard sometimes. just stick to it. glad you have joined. if you would like you can add me to your friends list.