When you fix the inside the outside will follow?!

Options
They always say this, like on the biggest loser, you have to mentally change to lose the weight, let go of baggage... ok thats cool and everything but HOW do you do this? I dont know what i need to change, i find myself crying tonight cuz I want to lose the rest of my weight so bad but I don't know what to do anymore... im so frustrated :(

I love this quote but why is it so hard to do these things?

“Love yourself—accept yourself—forgive yourself—and be good to yourself, because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.” - Leo F. Buscaglia

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    dont ask me..im a freakin nut. i want to lose the weight too and i have meltdowns all the time but then my MFPeeps keep me in check, slap me when i need it and remind me that it will take as long as it takes...and somehow i jsut keep moving....and the scale keeps moving slowly, sometimes up, sometimes down but at least im doing something good for myself...my mind will eventually catch up..if not, shrug, it was already lost anyways :)
  • gonnabeHOT_Heidi
    gonnabeHOT_Heidi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    LOL... you sound exactly like me!
  • allenlisa
    allenlisa Posts: 96
    Options
    We all have rough days and rough patches in our lives. Be strong, make a list of things. Stay focused on the positive and set small goals for yourself no matter what your aiming for. You'll feel better when you accomplish something. And stay around positive people that lift you up. Negativity around you will only drag you down with it. Sometimes if your not ready to change it makes it very hard. Figure out why you decided to make these changes in the first place and stick to it! What is holding you back? Let it go! Look forward to tomorrow because you can always start over. :flowerforyou:
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I wish I could give you the answer. If I could, I guess I'd already be skinny. All I do know is that we gotta keep trying!:ohwell:
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think the answer is in your quote. I recently came to the realization that the key to my success this time was forgiving myself after screw ups. Once I dumped the shame and beating myself up, things started to change. The forgiveness gave me the freedom to start new every time I messed up. That's not to say it didn't take lots of hard work and LOADS of patience! See..you had the answer all along, now you just have to put it in action:)
  • gonnabeHOT_Heidi
    gonnabeHOT_Heidi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Tanks guys, I think I just need some 'me' time to figure out what I need to do.