Birthday present -HRM or exercise DVD's?

Options
My birthday is coming up and I am trying to decide what I want from my hubby for my birthday. I want either a HRM or a bunch of exercise DVDs. Right now working out at home is my only option so a good variety of DVDs is necessary so I don't get bored. I am about 7-10lbs away from my goal and I am struggling to lose this last bit. Which would be more beneficial to losing those last few pounds? A HRM so I can more accurately gauge my exercise calories (which I eat back) or DVDS to help prevent boredom and to change up my workout routine?

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My HRM has changed my life! I know exactly what I burning, and exactly what I need to eat back. I've found the estimators on here are very inaccurate for me. I'd go with the HRM over DVDs. Or maybe you can ask family (if they give you gifts normally) to buy you store vouchers instead so that you can get the DVDs as well?
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    yeah i am already try to decide whether to flutter my eyelashes for a fitbit, or an eeyore tattoo
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'd def say HRM! Happy early birthday!!
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'd vote for the HRM! I have the Polar FT7 and it is amazing.

I believe it's one of the most important tools I've bought for my weight-journey.

MFP is really inaccurate when it comes to the calories burned for exercising.

For me, it was seriously under-estimating them, I know for some others it over-estimates.

My HRM is a waaay more accurate measurement of how much I've really burned. And since
    we're counting calories, it really impacts how much you eat and whether you've truly gone over
    or under for the day.

Also, the Polar FT7 is super easy to use, has a chest strap to monitor your heart rate, and I got the black and red one
    (it says it's for males but it's really uni-sex) and it is cute and easy to match with a lot of my wardrobe.

I hope I've helped!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    HRM all the way!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    How about.... buy a HRM online for a cheaper price [Amazon.com] and get some workout dvds too? :-p I got my HRM for less than 70 bucks.
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    I'd borrow the DVD's from friends & library if you can and go for the HRM! Just make sure it's a good one & that it tracks caloric burn. I'd go for Polar or Garmin if poss. Best wishes & happy Birthday MFP friend!
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Love my HRM!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitor --you can borrow dvd's get them on netflix or the library. You wil LOVE LOVE LOVE your hrm!!
  • 2coolboyz
    2coolboyz Posts: 7
    Options
    I have the fitbit and I love it!! It is very motivating, and you can always share dvd's or get them pretty cheap (Costco had Jillian Michaels ones for $8)
  • missmomma77
    Options
    Thanks everyone, HRM it is! And thanks for the happy birthdays as well!
  • mommy2b2
    mommy2b2 Posts: 43
    Options
    HRM....and I happen to be an expert on all things fitness....well all things in general really. Tee hee hee :o)