Happy weight

Options
I know this was on here once a long time ago, but there are so many new people I thought I would put it on here again.

http://www.self.com/fitness/nutrition/calculators/happyWeight

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I know this was on here once a long time ago, but there are so many new people I thought I would put it on here again.

http://www.self.com/fitness/nutrition/calculators/happyWeight
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    So Anna, what did you think of the weight it gave you? Accurate - is that a happy weight for you?
    :flowerforyou:
  • klikittyklak
    Options
    Wow, too high for me! :laugh:
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    Mine was 127 for happy weight, and I think that is reasonable. I'm going grocery shopping this week, and I'm defientely starting my weight loss journey this week!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Anna! This is the first time I've seen this. My happy weight was 155...my goal is 145..so I may be happy by then! :laugh:
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    Ok, I just looked at it and I think the weight was too low for me. I know what my body looks like at 10lbs more and I couldn't imagine being smaller than that!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Actually-- my "happy weight" may be good-- it's roughly what I weighed when I got married-- 160-61-- that's 17 pounds from now and I'm already getting really happy about how I look and feel. Go figure-- maybe when all is said and done 145 will be too thin for me, which is my goal-- we'll see.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Mine syas 137... which would be really nice, but I doubt it's ever going to happen, lol. 150 is my current goal but we will see :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    At 140 I'd look too skinny I think so I'll stick with my 150 goal.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Yeah, at 5'8" mine was 148 - which is basically where I am, and I'm still not happy! I really want to get down to 138, it just seems like these last few pounds are GOING NOWHERE!!! ARGH!!!! :explode:
  • jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options
    Mine was 125.2 - which is perfect being that my goal 125! :wink:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Mine came out to be 133 ... which is less than I have ever weighed as an adult (and I used to be at a comfortable weight for me when I was in college & just married at around 140). I don't think I'd be very happy at that weight ... I think I'd be HUNGRY!!! :noway:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Mine says 147 - that would make me very very happy!!!!! I'm only 5'6" but quite a bit older and that seemingly makes a diff on this type of calculation.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

My happy weight was 138
    (I'm 5 '7)
    I was 157 when I started here in Jan and am now 128-130...seem to go up/down a pound+ but have stuck between 1280130 since May

Kim
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Mine is 133 - which is just about where I've been (130-135) lately!

I do feel pretty "happy" with this weight :smile:
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just looked at it and I think the weight was too low for me. I know what my body looks like at 10lbs more and I couldn't imagine being smaller than that!

me too.. when i was about 10 lbs heavier than the suggested "happy weight," i was being told by people that i was "too thin." so we'll see how it goes this time as i'm losing weight more responsibly and in a healthier way than before.
  • carak2000
    Options
    Mine says 98 pounds! My goodness. Granted I'm only 4' 10.5", that just sounds like nothing! Well, my goal is 100 (although I figured I'd reassess around 110 to see if I need to lose more; I'm currently 122). But wow, at least my goal of 100 wasn't so far off. Ha.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hi

My happy weight was 138
    (I'm 5 '7)
    I was 157 when I started here in Jan and am now 128-130...seem to go up/down a pound+ but have stuck between 1280130 since May

Kim

Kim - you are so slim!!!!! I envy you!!!! How did you get the last few lbs off? I am seriously stuck. Did you get stuck? Lose it slowly? Quickly? What were your secrets?

Thanks for any advice!
    Amanda
    :flowerforyou:
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mine is just a few pounds more than what I am at right now but I'm still trying to lose about 8 pounds. I've gained some weight it the past few months and have been very frustrated that my pants are a bit too snug to be comfortable. So I am not sure. Maybe my goal weight isn't reasonable.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    my 'happy weight' is 136 which is my exact goal! :drinker: