CALLING ALL CHEER COACHES & CHEERLEADERS!

Options
(* and parents of cheerleaders)

Hey ladies (and maybe guys..), cheer season is among us! I would love to start a little network of friends here on MFP that involves people that are involved in cheerleading one way or another:) We can discuss our weightloss, our goals, ideas about cheerleading, and how cheerleading connects with weightloss. I don't know if this should be a group or just everyone friending eachother so we can all be friends and support one another. I really don't know how many MFPers out there are involved, but I would love to find everyone who is for support & people who love cheerleading just as much as I do!

Basically, everyone should fill out these questions so that everyone can get to know eachother!

First name:
Years involved with cheerleading:
Position (coach or cheerleaders):
Squad title (ie midget, varsity/jr varsity.. etc):
Squad name:
Weight Loss Goal:
Additional comments:

Here is my story:

First name: Mariah
Years involved with cheerleading: 4
Position (coach or cheerleader): Assistant coach (I can't be a head coach til I am 21)
Squad title (ie midget, varsity/jr varsity.. etc): Midget
Squad name: Ukiah Lions
Weight Loss Goal: 35 pounds or 125 (whatever looks best! lol)
Additional comments: I have been involved with cheerleading for 4 years now. Two of those years I was on varsity for my high school. I never cheered a day in my life, and I tried out for the team and made varsity! Then last year I coached the jr pee wee division for my town's pop warner squad. I made up all the cheers and the routines and my girls placed 1st at the local competition and 3rd at regionals. We were going to go to Disneyland for nationals, but the program wouldn't allow findraising at the time. I am looking forward to this cheer season. I mostly can't wait to work out with the girls. I think that I am going to have them do some sort of cheer bootcamp (I will participate with them) so that they can get in shape as well as myself losing weight and getting in shape with them.

here are some pictures:

this is from my senior year cheering on varsity. Ukiah Wildcats. my hair is wayyy blonde.
yayyy-1.jpg

this is from last year. Ukiah Jr. Cubs. different hair color lol.
yayyy2-1.jpg

I hope that there are people on this website involved with cheerleading! add me!

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Love this! I have never ben a cheerleader, but my daughter is. She is 10, her name is Emily. She has taken cheer locally in our hometown a few years and has cheered for the peewee teams here for the last 2 yrs. She really likes ti and I think it is a great way to stay in shape and get more flexable. Not to mention how much more confident she gets everytime she takes to the field.
  • mendogirl
    mendogirl Posts: 87
    Options
    i love seeing how much the girls enjoy it and how happy they are when perform. it truly is confidence building and beneficial to health
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 8. She has cheered 2 years midget football and is moved up to JV this year. She loves it!!!! She is moving schools this year so will be cheering for a new team and didnt want to cheer at first becasue she said she wont know anyone. I finally talked her into it and told her that this will help her meet girls becasue they will start practicing before school starts...now she will know people before the first day of school! She wants me to sign her up for tumbling so she can learn a back handspring, so we are going to do that. She just finished a 8 month session of Hip Hop dance and learned so much!
  • mendogirl
    Options
    aww thats awesome! is that her in your pic? very cute!
  • mendogirl
    Options
    bump..i know there are more of you out there!
  • 1life2live_cjg
    Options
    First name: Crystal
    Years involved with cheerleading: 5
    Position (coach or cheerleaders): Cheerleader and assistant coach
    Squad title (ie midget, varsity/jr varsity.. etc): I do all star cheer, so we don't have names like that. but I'm on the senior team.
    Squad name: Nevada All Stars with Sierra Spirit Cheerleading
    Weight Loss Goal: 30 pounds
    Additional comments:
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    First name: Tristan
    Years involved with cheerleading: Lots
    Position (coach or cheerleaders): coach two teams (down from four last year)
    Squad title (ie midget, varsity/jr varsity.. etc): professional and varsity
    Squad name: 4th Street Flyers and MSOE
    Weight Loss Goal: 5 more lbs (25 total)
    Additional comments: I'm glad you started this. It's nice to see other people involved in the sport we love.

http://www.facebook.com/4thStreetFlyers
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    First name: Stephenie
    Years involved with cheerleading: 13yrs
    Position (coach or cheerleaders): former athlete, former website owner, former judge, currently a coach
    Squad title (ie midget, varsity/jr varsity.. etc): competitive junior and senior (different titles here in canada)
    Squad name: DCF Thunder and DCF Storm
    Weight Loss Goal: 40lbs
    Additional comments: these girls put me to shame. I'm supposed to be a role model for them, and I'm neglecting part of that by letting myself become unhealthy