An extremely depressing nvs.... *tear*

Options
I got invited to see a guy's band perform at a nightclub and I hadn't seen him in almost a year. Well, I wanted to wear my favorite shirt I bought with my christmas money. Its a red tank top that's button up and its super cute! I was so excited and I put it on... IT'S HUGE ON ME! I am so sad right now... it used to fit kind of tight, but nowit's huge.... I think im going to go marinate in sadness now.

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Can you take it to a seamstress/tailor and get it fitted to you? It may not be that expensive!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest going online and finding a cool way to alter the shirt, turn it into a halter, or cut and tie the sides. Generation T has some great options. and most are quick and super easy.
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Mourn for the lost shirt, if you can, go back to the store and exchange it for a smaller size, however, celebrate and know that all the hard work you have been putting in is paying off. Your post is very motivating! How proud you must feel! way to go!

Keep up the great work, and girl, go buy yourself a new, cuter, shirt! you deserve it! :)
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Is it too huge to wear say a cute little lace cami under it and leave some of the buttons undone or something? I understand being sad to leave favorite clothes behind on your journey, but think of all the great new favs you will find!!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I understand completely! I am in mourning for lots of cute clothes that I loved :'( But I just keep reminding myself that there will be tons of cute clothes and even cuter clothes when I lose more weight. But I do go buy something cute every now and then even though I don't want to buy too many clothes until I get to a weight I am happy with. But buying a few cute things always gives me something to wear that I like when I am going out!

But losing a few of my favorite things is a small price to pay for losing weight :-) And at least it is too big now instead of too small!
  • hellaamber
    hellaamber Posts: 12
    Options
    cheer up! why so sad? be glad its not too SMALL!! you will find new favorites and be even more confident in them too!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Would you rather still be 211 lbs.? It's just clothes, girl!
  • pussycat626
    pussycat626 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You should be celebrating that it is way too big for you now :) I dream for that day to come around for me.
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    Haha, thanks guys. Yeah, that undershirt idea is a great one, I'll def try it out, if not i'll get it taken in. :)
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh, I know how you feel! I recently bought two adorable summer jackets and now they are too big for me! I feel your pain so much!

BUT if it pretty expensive look into having it taken in and smile because instead of fitting into a cute top your body is looking even more little-er and cuter then ever! wtg!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel! I've had to part with MANY clothing items. Over the past year and a half, I've spent a rediculous amount of money getting new clothes because of my constant drop in weight...it seems like every month I clean out my closet and it has gotten depressing at times! However, being smaller is for sure way better and isn't something to be sad about, haha. It's funny that sometimes we can't appreciate the really good things about current situations. :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest going online and finding a cool way to alter the shirt, turn it into a halter, or cut and tie the sides. Generation T has some great options. and most are quick and super easy.

I don't think I even own any older clothes I haven't spruced up in this way. TOTALLY do the cut and tie at the sides thing! I can SO see it in my head and you look smokin :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yep. I feel your pain. I went out last summer and spent $500 on summer clothes for work. (@ 43, First time in my life I went on that kind of shopping spree) Nothing fits. I have to give it all away. And they were all super cute.
  • T0nie2
    T0nie2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    cheer up! why so sad? be glad its not too SMALL!! you will find new favorites and be even more confident in them too!

I agree with Amber.. TIME TO FIND A NEW FAVORITE SHIRT!

Congrats.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Find something new and better. :)

I have an entire carload of clothes that are ready to GO. Goodbye clothes!

I can't wait to get rid of more. Even the stuff I liked...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!