Help! Please share your low cal cocktail recipes!

Options
luvmybentley
luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
Me+summer=LUSH...but I don't want to blow my diet this summer.

I usually drink Naked Grape wine coolers around the campsite, but learned they have 130 calories. I've tried the Molson 67 calorie lime beer, it's OK but I'm not much of a beer drinker.

I'm a sucker for margaritas, mojitos, daquiris. Anything I can make by the pitcher. Yes, I have a blender in my camper :)
Does anyone have any low cal/crystal light cocktail recipes to share?

Replies

• dasskinny
    dasskinny Posts: 56
    Options
    In a shaker - 8 oz (Shot) Absolute Vodka, 16 oz POM 100% pomogranite, about 1/3 of a 20 oz bottle of sprite zero- Shake or stir, add to ice or up, than top off with sparkiling water like pellegrino :-) really refreshing and makes a good amout of cocktails.
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    vanilla vodka and diet coke or coke zero. or plain or flavored vodka with diet sprite. blueberry vodka and diet sprite- vodka or any liquor is about 70 to 100 calories a shot no matter what.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Me + Summer = Lush as well ;-)

Well since you aren't a beer drinker I won't tell you to drink light beers.

Most hard liquors (vodka, rum, gin, whiskey) are close to 70 calories an oz. It's usually the mixers that add a bunch of calories. For me I usually stick with rum and diet coke when I go out (diet soda had sodium & caffeine so make sure you drink plenty of water) but that is the best bet. Or Vodka and sugar free cranberry juice.

Some people say just do shots, but if your like me that doesn't work. Shots = getting drunk too fast.

You can also mix with water and some lemon or lime. I also like Bloody Mary's, but they tend to be high in sodium, but if you are making it yourself use low sodium V8 or tomato juice.

Just make sure to mix with something that is no cal/low cal and you should be fine.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    There's a SkinnyGirl Margarita that has 100 calories per 4 oz. serving

http://www.skinnygirlcocktails.com/home.php
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Alcohol of choice + water + spritz of citrus
  • ljgraham64
    Options
    The Skinny Girl Margaritas are yummy.I am wine drinker and save 150 calories for 2 glasses of wine.Vodka and tonics are great too.
  • tacomom
    tacomom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    These are pretty good. I have them in moderation and am still losing weight.
  • Bachoy1973
    Bachoy1973 Posts: 10
    Options
    Here are some links to drink recipes from Hungry Girl. I haven't tried any of them, but they look good.

Watermelon Frojito, Upside-Down Tequila Sunrise,
    Party-in-a-Pitcher Sangria
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1271

Tropical Mango-rita Slushie, Sassy 'n Spiked Pink Lemonade Pitcher,
    Black Cherry Mamba Mojito
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1063
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Phillips vodka makes a light vodka, 40 cals!