Having Your Cake And Eating It............Or Not........

Options
SueGeer
SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
Hubby & I always go grocery shopping on a Thursday evening straight after work, we work together so it makes sense just to jump in the van & go straight to Sainsbury's to stock up. So, last night, there's me being all healthy and virtuous picking up loads of WW stuff, yoghurts, salad etc..... DH hovers for ages in pudding aisle - trifle, sundae, cheesecake, etc....all in the trolley, all the time asking me "Do you want this?" and me saying "No". THEN................he buys 3 bits of gateau & 3 fruit tarts at bakery counter cos it was 3 for the price of 2. Being as there's only the 2 of us, he's got an awful lot of cake to eat! I'd have to starve myself all day to be able to have a slice, or I'd have to exercise like a demon.......better to refuse in the first place.

Still, it's a test of my willpower..........and, so far, I'm winning!

Then he wonders why he's getting fat............he says he doesn't eat a lot. Maybe not, but it's all the WRONG stuff!

I eat virtually all day......and have lost 16lbs since Jan, so somebody's doing something right..........

Replies

• Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Lead by example - and if he wants to follow, he will - he'll learn! (or not!)

Good on you for resisting though!
  • tinysecret
    Options
    Awwww, for some reason that is really sweet though! I hate it when supermarkets go on their 3-for-2 offers; I don't trust myself with "just a bite" or "half a pudding" - I WILL find myself wolfing down all of them!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    Good for you for sticking to your guns!

Hubs will get it eventually. lol
  • MissJoy18
    MissJoy18 Posts: 45
    Options
    My husband is the same way when we go grocery shopping. He has a sweet tooth and has a tendency to purchase ice creams, cookies, cakes, etc. It is really hard to say "no" to the treats! Great job staying strong and not succumbing to temptation!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    *high five* Way to go resisting the temptation!! Keep up the good work!
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Way to stay strong! We had homemade German Chocolate Cake at a meeting this week and I managed to only have 3 bites. I took a piece home for my husband and told him to eat it right away! You are doing great. It's really hard to resist those sweets.