I'm starting to feel sick

Options
I think I'm going to switch to the 1 lb/week loss. I changed mine to 2 lbs/week (sedentary). It gives me 1300 a day, and for the past 3 or 4 days I am always hungry, and even when I eat I feel nauseated, like I am not eating enough. Even on exercise days, I eat all of my calories, and am never short by more than 50. Changing to 1 lb a week gives me 1500-something.

any comments on this?

Replies

• jenninsocal
    Options
    I think I'm going to switch to the 1 lb/week loss. I changed mine to 2 lbs/week (sedentary). It gives me 1300 a day, and for the past 3 or 4 days I am always hungry, and even when I eat I feel nauseated, like I am not eating enough. Even on exercise days, I eat all of my calories, and am never short by more than 50. Changing to 1 lb a week gives me 1500-something.

any comments on this?
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I think you have to do what is going to work for you. I know we all want to have the weight come off as fast as possible, but you won't stick to it if it's making you sick and miserable to try to lose 2 a week. I think going down to 1 a week is a good idea...it will take longer, but it will be a gradual change so it will be easier to stick with once you hit your goal weight.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    What BNL said... you have to find the balance that works for you! It is probably best to start out with a weekly goal of just 1 lb. That shouldn't be a dramatic change in your routines, but still enough to get you going.
    also, you mention exercise "days", you may wish to find ways to burn calories even on your "off" (or non gym) days. We go for a walk just about every day, and wear our HRM's so we can count that! She also counts house claning, and I count yard work. So that way, we can build up a bit of calories to devour later. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea, and you should try it for a month or so and see how it works for you. :flowerforyou: