P90X

Options
What's the scoop on P90X? Should I start it? Is it hard? Does it work?

Replies

• sagisun1969
    Options
    Yes it works and you should start it if you are ready for an intense work out plan.
  • chacho1025
    Options
    It works! I am currently doing a modified version but I did get all the way up to week 11 last summer before I got injured playing softball and I saw results. It makes you really strong!! Go For it!! It's a commitment but you have to be disciplined! Good Luck
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    It is insane, but I love it ... I am currently on week 4 and will definitely do it again after the 90 days is up!
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    P90X is a great workout to get in shape with
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout. If you can make it through the first week or two you'll feel the results and want to keep going.

We have a group starting P90X on Monday if you want to join us:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/270817-p90x-starting-monday-6-27-anyone-else
  • ChinaxDoll
    ChinaxDoll Posts: 19
    Options
    YES! definitely do p90x if you like a challenge and a great workout.
  • Madman20
    Madman20 Posts: 1
    Options
    It is fantastic! I did a round of p90x and then insanity. Both were great, in different ways. I really enjoyed the lifting in p90x and got great results.

I would definitely join a group because it really keeps you going.
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    Do it. It's not the most intense thing ever, but it seems to be getting me in shape. I'm doing the doubles plan and next week starts the double days, so we'll see if that doesn't pep it up a bit more. If you are willing to make the commitment to do your workout and diet for 90 days this definately will work.
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You should do it! It works!! I am much stronger now than before - couldn't do any pull ups on my own before and now can do four unassisted. May not sound like much but is huge to me :) and I have lots more definition now.
  • presentlaughter
    presentlaughter Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have it but I haven't found a decent chunk of time where I know I'll be able to commit to it 100%. I don't want to start it only to wimp out because I was "too busy" you know? I've heard it's great though!!
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    definitely! its a great program and has helped me tremendously.
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's a great program. I'm doing the Lean 90X program and I have 10 workouts to go. I am see incredible results, not really weight wise, but my muscles are starting to look really ripped. My wife comments on it all the time and I'm starting to like what I see when I look in the mirror. If you're really heavy, it might take a few rounds of it to get to your goal, but you will be pleased if you stick with it.
  • fasttrack27
    fasttrack27 Posts: 324
    Options
    Good program, especially if you are not active in classes at a gym already. I'm quite new at p90 and find it to be a decent workout but not as extreme as I thought it might be. The instructors at my gym classes are way tougher though. It has taught me where my main weaknesses are that I need to work on (pull up's, ugh!). I suppose if you're new to regular excercise it will seem really tough at first, but take it at your own pace - challenge yourself but don't over do it - stick with it - and you WILL see results. Best wishes!
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    Do it!!! It will change your mind and body!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Do it!!! It will change your mind and body!

Yes do it! Not only will it change your mind and body, but it will also change your life.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Just do it!! I don't think you'll regret it! It's a great program, somewhat time consuming, but love the schedule, and the results. I thought of trying it for years (my sister did it in 2005 with amazing results), but was too nervous. Finally gave it a go Feb 2011 and currently on round 2, wk 7!
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    It is worth the money and an awesome work out.
    I know for some people, they had to work up to being able to do it. So, depending on where you are physically you may or may not be able to jump right in. But either way its worth it.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Best decision you will ever make in your life!!! Get it!