Another Question

ACBrittany
ACBrittany Posts: 3
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Soo..basically this site is to log how many calories you've eaten and how long you've excersized? How do you know how many calories you've burned??

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    If you enter the exercise into your exercise log it will tell you.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    You can also change the amount of calories suggested by MFP to give a more accurate reading, for example if you have a heart rate monitor that tells you how many calories you burned while doing a particular kind of exercise.
  • the log will give you a general amount for cardio, not exact, some people believe in heart rate monitors for measurement but im still sceptical of knowing exactly how many calories burned, i just go by how i feel lol and of course as long as the scale keeps goin the right way :P
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    This site has tons of helpful tools.

The BMI calculator helps you to know if your expectations of weight loss are realistic (Found under tools)

The friends and forum are great for feedback, advice and support. (Found on the home page and under community)

If you cook at home much, but don't know how to figure nutrition value, you can add in all the ingredients and number of servings and MFP does the work for you. (Found under Food)

The reports help you track your success or if you feel that you aren't losing fast enough, they can also track trends that might be sabotaging your weight loss efforts.

The basic idea of MFP is to log calorie input vs output, but it really is SO much more than that! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and find yourself to be successful. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.