Are you Sexy?

Stagezz
Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
Does your significant other think you are sexy the way you are?

It is definitly a self esteem/motivation booster...wish he would give me the compliments like he used to...:cry:

Replies

• JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    He always has.. though he definitely likes the added self-confidence I have when I'm more physically fit.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    I have to say that's one thing my husband is very good about. He tell me every single day that he loves me and I'm beautiful. He also tells me I'm sexy on a regular basis... guess I got a good one
  • csok
    csok Posts: 2
    My fiance still calls me sexy even after my weight gain and it makes me feel good about our relationship although there are times where I'm thinking, "yeah right I'm sexy". Even though he doesn't say it as often as when we first were together, I like to think that its because he says it now to mean that he loves me and not just to get in my pants like when we started dating.
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    My husband likes me the way I am. He only says something when I complain about not losing weight or not seeing any difference. He wasnt happy about me loseing weight in the begaining but he is slowly comeing on board and even eatting better. He even jogged a block the other night with the boys and he has been playing a lot more with the kids.
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Well do u feel sexy? I think is really more about us than them. I don't feel sexy. I take my clothes of in the bathroom to take a shower, and get dressed trying to hide myself under the towel. I know it is sad. But when you start to feel confident, you will feel sexy and he is gonna be drooling all over you! Don't let anything stop you! You can do it!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    I have to say that's one thing my husband is very good about. He tell me every single day that he loves me and I'm beautiful. He also tells me I'm sexy on a regular basis... guess I got a good one

AWKWARD...I think we are married to the same guy!! :wink: Seriously though, mine is the same way..he has always thought I was one hot babe!! Mine's a keeper as well.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    My husband always tells me I'm sexy and beautiful. Husbands are supposed to do that!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member

It's called SELF-esteem, ladies! :tongue:

Don't rely on other people to assign your worth. I know compliments feel good! But, if you're not getting them don't internalize it.

Plus, guys have a hard time noticing stuff. Seriously. Ever come home with a different hair cut or color and not heard a peep about it? Yeah, it didn't register in his brain. If something drastic doesn't do the trick, something slow like weight loss probably won't either. Don't feel sad. You know you're looking and feeling better. :)
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    My husband definitely compliments me all the time, which I love him for BUT I think that has helped me ignore the fact that I was gaining weight!
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    I don't feel sexy every day but at the start of May, I went out to a dinner where the 200 guests were predominantly male. I wore a new dress made from a much clingier fabric than I normally wear and YES!! For only about the 2nd time in my life, I felt sexy. The male attention was wonderful and I felt good for at least a week.! My husband reaped the benefits ;-) but I wish it would last!!

B x
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Does your significant other think you are sexy the way you are?

It is definitly a self esteem/motivation booster...wish he would give me the compliments like he used to...:cry:

I feel the same way girl, I am hoping he comes around soon.. He is a lil in shock right now, but I think it will all turn out good in the end:wink:
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    My husband's very good about this. It has definitely helped that I've lost weight & added muscle since November. I agree that it starts with YOU, however. You have to develop confidence in yourself. I used to really rely on everybody else's opinion or comments about me; once I started lifting weights and getting stronger and FEELING stronger, it didn't matter as much to me. Go lift some weights, girl!!:smile: That way YOU can feel good about yourself.
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Never once in 11 years has my husband ever made me feel sexy (well not until one of his friends have)... and for the longest time I allowed myself to believe I wasn't, but I am finally starting to believe I am... :wink:
  • ajfranzen77
    ajfranzen77 Posts: 118
    My husband tells me I'm sexy everyday and that I am beautiful. I sometimes have trouble believing him because even though I have lost some weight and look better I know have this saggy skin that makes ME feel gross! But he said he knew that would happen with the weight loss and it won't be there forever, it's just a symbol of all my hard work.
    I'm sure he does think your beautiful and sexy. If you disagree with him when he says it though he may not be saying it cause he doesn't want to upset you.
  • merlimax
    merlimax Posts: 57
    Am I sexy? Hmmmmm .. Look at my pictures and you tell me! Lol
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    When my boyfriend met me, I was in a full back brace and a hip to ankle brace - I was running and had been hit by a car, braking my L2 vertebra and messing up my left knee. I was in the gear for the first 3 months or so of us dating. He told me later that within 30 minutes of our first date, he completely forgot about the braces because of who I am. He's never made me feel over weight (even tho I really really am) and has never said a negative thing about my body. But, he's also very supportive of me now that I'm trying to get healthy. He eats what I eat without complaint and sits thru me doing exercises with a smile. I think to the people who really matter, weight or any other physical issue isn't a problem. Its about how you carry yourself and your comfortableness in your own skin.

I had bedazzled the straps of the back brace with the help of friends within the first month of the accident since I figured I couldn't hide it, so I might as well have fun with it. I had so many people come up to me in those 6 months telling me how great they thought it was. Its all about how you carry yourself, no matter your outward appearance.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member

It's called SELF-esteem, ladies! :tongue:

Don't rely on other people to assign your worth. I know compliments feel good! But, if you're not getting them don't internalize it.

Plus, guys have a hard time noticing stuff. Seriously. Ever come home with a different hair cut or color and not heard a peep about it? Yeah, it didn't register in his brain. If something drastic doesn't do the trick, something slow like weight loss probably won't either. Don't feel sad. You know you're looking and feeling better. :)

**good point regarding not relying on others to assign your worth. I have plenty of self esteem but it sure is nice to receive compliments... especially when you are working really hard at it. It is totally about how you feel about yourself though.. with or without anyone else
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 207 Member
    My hubby always makes little comments on how he thinks I'm sexy or beautiful. No matter the weight... Lol his latest thing is calling me his beautiful b!tch...if you've seen eastbound and down you'd get it!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    My husband can't keep his hands off me. :) It's nice! He did that even when I was big.

He does it even more now that I've lost weight.
  • DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Getting words & affection like that does feel good! One thing I've noticed - Try giving to your S.O. the things you're hoping to receive. It can change things for the better.
This discussion has been closed.