NSV - a real realization!

Options
So, I guess I've had several NSVs over the past few weeks because as I get closer to goal, the smaller weight losses are just more apparent on my body. However, last night, I was carrying my 2 year old up the steps and into the house and as I struggled to keep my balance supporting her weight, it hit me. I had lost my 2 year old in weight, well actually more than her, but greater than that was the fact that I realized how much easier I was making life on my body. I'm stronger where it counts...my body functions so much better without the extra baggage I had put on over the past few years. Though I love carrying her around while she's still little enough for me to be able to, I never want my own extra 30+ pounds again!

Replies

• RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This is an adorable post, on so many levels.
    Congratulations on losing your 2 year old!
    So to speak :)
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I'm so happy for you! :) Thanks for sharing!
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I'm so happy for you! :) Thanks for sharing!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    great job! :smile:
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    That is great. It is good to think of our weight loss in terms like this. I guess I have probably lost about a 5 or 6 year old child. I have lost 40 since January. It really seems weird and great at the same time when we put it in these terms.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    That was a great NSV!!! And an eye opener for me. You made realize that I was constantly carrying around and extra 6 year old for a while there. I'm down to a toddler. *grin*
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    that is a great nsv! i have lost my 4 year old in weight and when i pick her up it is crazy to think i used to have that much extra weight!! congrats :drinker:
  • JenniferWalden
    JenniferWalden Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! So proud of you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!