Alright Guys...Help Me Out Here! What's Your Opinion?!

Options
2»

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    There is not "one" size or shape that appeals to me.
    It is the person and the overall picture regarding her personality and looks.

In general I like a lady to look like a lady not a teenage boy.
    Curves are good,like hips and a nice butt.

which is why carl dreams about me at night :)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    WHEN YOU LOVE THE SKIN YOU ARE IN ..YOU WILL GET LOVED BACK ! Size doesnt matter its the confiendece you carry :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    There is not "one" size or shape that appeals to me.
    It is the person and the overall picture regarding her personality and looks.

In general I like a lady to look like a lady not a teenage boy.
    Curves are good,like hips and a nice butt.

which is why carl dreams about me at night :)

Who told on me? :blushing:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    YIkes 110 is too small. You will get comments from haters, my cousin who was always 105 to 110 and I who was 130 would walk down the street and manly females would tell her to her face that she needs to eat and a bunch a negative comments. She had health issues to be that size. Is you want to be lean strength train and you will look amazing. but anything under 120 at 5'8 is a little extreme. Plus most men like some cushion.. for the pushin' (omg i cant believe i wrote that lol)
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I like fit, athletic - some curves in the right places...
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've always been a bigger girl, but never had trouble attracting attention. (the GOOD kind). I think it is all about proportion. Same height and same weight can look worlds different on different people. Regardless, how you carry yourself and how you perceive yourself is what translates.
  • navytx
    navytx Posts: 2
    Options
    My own opition is that you should like who you are and not worry what others say each is made in there own image.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I was 145 at 5'4" when I was in H.S. and loved it. Had the right curves in the right place. I ended up weighing up to 180lbs after my last kid. Now Im down to 138 and when I look at myself in the mirror Im not concerned in loosing more weight just toning my body DH already thinks Im a bit too skinny I think 110 for your height is a little too skinny for you too but that is my opinion.
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Along the lines of, if you think you are hot, then you are hot.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with an earlier poster ... you're a fairly tall girl ...110 is certainly in the underweight BMI range.

I see that you've battled an ED, and I know that this can be a huge challenge to see your body the way everyone else sees it. Good luck in your journey -- and definitely never be afraid to ask for help!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    A chick chiming in... only wanted to say that you are pretty tall and @ 110 you will look anorexic. My co-worker is 6' and 120 and looks sickly -not attractive. Don't know if you are trying to achieve the supermodel twig look ?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Guys will respond more to your attitude. Confidence is very sexy. Confidence though, not stuck up.
  • DTRTinAZ
    DTRTinAZ Posts: 29
    Options
    "I like a girl with a bit of meat on her bones. These supermodels, can you imagine? It must be like going to bed with a bicycle!" - Billy Connolly

To Billy Connolly...Okay...you made me laugh...I needed that today! I like it..."going to bed with a bicycle." Too funny.

As far as what shape/size is best. I understand wanting to know...but really...being skinny, curvy, muscular, or toned is attractive on a person if it is what they want to be...not because it is something that someone wants them to be. It is all a matter of perspective...your opinion about yourself is waaaay more important than anybody elses opinion.
  • blynnarnold
    blynnarnold Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've seen this girl post a few times and she's gotten a million responses that her goal is way too low for her height and its obviously falling on deaf ears. She's still sticking to her goal of 110. I dont see the point in offering advice on this issue any further.

As far as men liking you for your body shape...you gotta be happy with yourself first before you can attract the right guy. What you exude is what you attract. Stop worrying about what guys like and learn to love yourself. Confidence is key.
  • maryhappy456
    maryhappy456 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey mfp!

Thanks for the responses...it's been really interesting!

I am a dancer, so I automatically have more a muscular build. I've never been a small framed person.

To be honest, I really don't like my body...which is why I created a mfp account...so I could watch what I eat, log my exercises, and track my progress. Still, even though my I don't LOVE the shape I have, I still try my best to walk confidently in my skin and take care of myself. I love who I am on the inside...and I'm working on loving the person on the outside too!

I truly was just wondering what guys found attractive in shape.
    I wasn't asking the question so that I could know what they like and try to be exactly like that.
    Some guys like curvy...but I don't. So I try to stick to being thin and lean.
    I was really just curious because it's a question that I've never asked, but always wondered!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    WHEN YOU LOVE THE SKIN YOU ARE IN ..YOU WILL GET LOVED BACK ! Size doesnt matter its the confiendece you carry :)

Awesome statement, this is like the quote of the day. Even if the woman isn't the most physically attractive woman in the room, confidence and a good attitude really make a woman that much more attractive!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I am a dancer, so I automatically have more a muscular build. I've never been a small framed person.

To be honest, I really don't like my body...

What?!? Sounds pretty good to me at least. :) But you definitely have to be comfortable with yourself.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Don't change yourself for a man.

If you know that YOU will be happiest looking lean, but a bit muscular/toned...then by all means, look how YOU want to look.

I am interested in a look which requires me to wear contact lenses which give the illusion of appearing like a doll (I'm not wearing them in my photo btw)...some people think it is creepy, but it is what I like. People tell me, "Why would you do that? You already have pretty eyes. You already have colored eyes." As long as you are healthy at 110 lbs, then I don't see anything wrong with being that weight, as long as you feel good about yourself. :smile:

I joined for a similar reason, so I can relate.