Too large of a calorie defect

Options
hi all, I'm just wondering if my 2lb a week goal is too optomistic as I've not lost that much a week since I have started, I eat back my exercise calories as bet I can, my food logging has not been great recently as I have been stressed about waiting for my exam results to come back, all of which I passed I'm pleased to say lol. I have been sticking to my diet even though I've not been logging it. My bmi is about 27.5 I think so I don't know if I should change my weekly goals to fall in line with my current weight instead of being ambitious. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks x

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,991 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: the best goals you could set for yourself would be to plan and log your food accurately and stick to your plan
    eliminate packaged and processed foods, take life one day at a time, and get as much exercise as you can including just taking a walk to reduce your stress.......:bigsmile:
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the exam!

Set your goals high and keep striving for them. Just learn to be happy with any progress and keep trying. I've always found that setting a goal that is just a bit too high for me keeps me pushing harder than I would have otherwise. I don't get down on myself when i don't get there, I just push even harder the next week.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Read the link in my signature "guide to calorie deficits." It will help you.